Chapter 4: The first departure

As the years went by, the two sisters grew older and went with their characteristics. Wile Kuraiko grew more calmer and serious, looking mature for now 11 years old and loves to fly the broom with her father and sister, all three of them having friendly competitions and learning tricks, she could turn a complete 180 when her sister is involved. Then she turns into a warm, friendly, and overly protective person since she just loves her sister so much.

Jessy herself was now 8 years old and a bright child, filled with kindness and gentleness. She was mostly calm and curious but could turn into a serious character when her family was badmouthed and disgraded by other families.

It was a warm morning in July as Jessy sneaked into the forest just when the first sunshine came over the horizon, signalizing the beginning of the new day. The forest didn't change much over the years but it held a new companion. "Abrax! Abrax! Where are you?", she shouted into the forest, walking further inside it, and kept calling, until she was suddenly lifted from the ground. "Abrax! There you are", she laughed and was set onto the back of the big winged horse, smiling, as she could now touch the leaves on the green trees from high up. "What do you say about a morning flight?", she patted his mane as he gave a comfortable noise and began to gallop to the clearing, spreading the wings and taking off. "WOHOOOO!", she screamed and spread her arms as the sun rose more up, bathing both in a gentle glow of red, orange, and yellow. "Thanks, my friend! You are the best", she smiled and hugged Abrax's neck as he gave some noises and when the sun was full up, he landed in front of the forest, and let her down. "Thanks, Abrax", she began to pet his snout, while he nuzzled her cheek softly "Did you go for a morning fly again?", Jessy heard an amused voice and turned around to see her sister standing there as both laughed. "Yes. Problem that he let me fly", Jessy spoke with amusement to her sister, causing the white-haired girl to laugh, ruffling her sister's hair. "No. Not a problem for me. I heard you scream, that woke me up" "Bloody hell, I need to keep quiet" Both laughed and Kuraiko handed Abrax a bundle of carrots, who he ate quickly up. "Is breakfast already done?" "No, not yet, they just waking up" "So why are you up? I doubt my screaming woke you up, you can sleep like a rock" The elder sister was visibly shy, scratching her neck. "W-Well", she began to falter, "I am exited since my acceptance letter could arrive any day now" "Oh! Yes...right", answered Jessy, clearly sad. Soon, she wouldn't see her sister for years and the thought made her sad. She shook her head and looked at her sister with determination. "I will cheer you on!" Kuraiko burst out into laughter, holding her belly, and looked at her sister. "Y-You J-Jessy!", she caught her laughter soon, hugging her sister gently. "You are a precious sweet sister. I am your big sister and I will protect you", patting her hair, both smiled as " IS THAT CUTE!", a new voice said and both jumped apart, only to see their father. "Hi", he waved at them as "FATHER!", both rushed to the male and hugged him as he had just come home. "Such a nice warm welcoming!", his voice boomed with laughter as both girls parted. "Is that a beard?", asked Kuraiko, pointing to the yellow stubble. "Yes", he stated proudly, "looks good, right?" "No", both bounced their heads, leaving him perplexed as "W-Wh-What?! Why? I thought I- b-but", he stumbled over his voice. "It doesn't fit you, Papa", said Jessy, and Kei was heartbroken. "My own flesh and bloods hate my beard...this is more cruel than death itself", he stood there emotional as both turned to the Abraxan. "Thank you again, Abrax! It was so nice", Jessy said with happiness in her voice as he bowed slightly, taking off, as both waved at him. "Now they even ignore me! AH!", the blonde felt like collapsing right then and there. All 3 went inside and the father sat down by the table, head on it, looking like an old collapsed man, even at the age of 31. "Good Mor-Darling!", the mother came downstairs and saw her husband. with his head on the table and directly dashed to him. "Darling, what happened?", she cooed softly at him. "Jessy and Kuraiko hate my beard", he looked so sad and devasted at his wife who looked at him. "Well...to be honest, that doesn't fit you" "Even you, honey?!", he was shocked. "See", both sisters said at the same time and he was just at the end. "Bloody hell! The next time, I kick you out of bed!", suddenly they heard the bickering of Hedwig, entering the kitchen, followed by Richard. "I didn't snore!", he said loudly and she glared daggers at him. "YOU SNORE LIKE AN OLD PIG!", she shouted. "Well! I don't walk around like a ghost at 2 a.m, whistleing!" "YOU!" "Come at me, Old hag!" Both drew their wands. "NO Duelling in the Kitchen!", Mr. and Mrs. Amakura shouted at the two, urging them outside as the girls looked out of the window. "The same old Morning" "With the same old routine"