Chapter 18: Past the Enchantments

Never, in the life of Sora and Kairi, would they forget how anxious they were when they got through their exams, when they expected Snape or this Xehanort, whom they just heard off to bursting through the doors at any moment, firing spells at them.

The Exams took a turn on Sora, Kairi but also Riku, and most of the first- years included.
It was a sweaty hot day, especially in the large classrooms, where they did their written papers, the sun shining through the tall windows on some students, as they feel they were cooked alive. Special, new quills were given to everyone, bewitched with an Anti-Cheating spell, making some even paler then they already were from the suffocating pressure.

Of course, there were practical exams as well. Professor Yen Sid called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk.
Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuff box- points were given on how pretty the box was but taken if it had whiskers.

But Snape, was by far, the worst for almost everyone, with him breathing down their neck while they tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness Potion. While everyone has a case of exam nerves, some more than others, even Riku was slightly worried due to all of the events that took place, Jessy was the calm in person, making a few a little jealous, but her sister was also calm. It concluded that others were freaking out , thinking they did something wrong with their exams. Jessy's help was even more requested after one finished exam, to help the others revise for the next exam on the following day.

During this period, the group didn't have the time to worry about Snape, Maleficent, or the Stone in general.
And then, the last day of the exam came...History of Magic.

It was one hour of answering questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self-stirring cauldrons and they'd be free, free for a whole endless week before the results were announced.
And as soon the ghost of Professor Binns told them to put down their quills, and roll up their parchment, everyone couldn't help but cheer, picking up their stuff and vanishing faster than you'd believe.
"To be honest...this was quite easy", Jessy hummed out to Sora and Kairi when they left the room, both staring at her. "I mean it. There was no 1637 Werewolf Code or Elfric the Eager questions" "Are you checking your exam paper afterwards? Some from my house will do that", asked Kairi. "Are you kidding me? God, no! I'm finally free from helping now, I want to relax a little, so let us go", she laughed and the other two smiled brightly and with that, they wandered down to the lake, Riku was already waiting for them.

"Let us sit", he stated.
"Allow me. Nubes Pulvinar", Jessy casted the spell four times to create 4 clouds, one for each. They hovered over the ground and Sora pounced on one, sighing in bliss.

"Ah! This feels so good", he closed his eyes, a soft smile on his lips. "I agree. This is so relaxing", Kairi joined after, fully relaxing into the cloud. "I bet in charms you got the highest score from the whole year", smirked Riku and joined the two on one cloud, leaning back. The group began to laugh and admiring the scenery with the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan tickling the tentacles of the giant squid that lives in the lake. Everything was forgotten, until-

"But I can't help but worry "Kairi's voice brought them back to the world "About the Stone and...this bad feeling that I have" "Kairi, relax. You heard what Jessy said, right? The Stone's safe as long as Pueralbis' around. And besides, we've never had any proof that Snape got past...Fluffy", Riku mumbled the name of Hagrid's dog. "Riku's right! And the worst in flying will play in the national Quidditch team before Hagrid lets our Headmaster down", Sora piped in, joy resonating from his voice. But Jessy stayed quiet, thinking and she had an irk feeling that they forgotten something...something important. "Will you please calm down? We're fine, so relax", Riku glanced at her, his eyebrows furrowed a little. She nodded and leaned back in the cloud she created and looked at the sky, directly between twigs, an owl was fluttering towards the school in the bright blue sky. A sigh escaped her and she closed her eyes. Her friends were right...Hagrid would never betray Pueralbis...and he would never tell anyone how to get past Fluffy...never...or could it be-