Chapter 17: Unicorn Search at Night

At that moment, all thought that the moment couldn't get any worse. After Filch found them, he took the four down to Professor McGonagall's study on the first floor, where they sat and waited, none of them saying a word to the others.

Riku simply glanced at Sora because both knew, if Sora would've stayed quiet under the Cloak and just walked away like Jessy showed them, they could be in their dormitories in a bed now, but no, instead, they were sitting here and they knew that this time, there was no going out of trouble this time. They were cornered from all sides.
There was no chance on earth that Professor McGonagall would accept that they were being out of bed and creeping around the school in the dead of the night let alone in the near of the tallest astronomy tower, which was out of bounds except for classes.

All knew they were glad Norbert was already gone, otherwise, they would've been expelled on the spot for sure. Riku clicked his tongue and turned away from Sora because he knew, if he would, his childhood friend would already be dead on the floor.
And finally, Professor McGonagall appeared with a face, that resembled a dragon herself, how she towered above the four of them, making them gulp. There was no denying it...they were never so scared.

"I would never have believed it from any of you. Mr. Filch said you were in the corridor by the astronomy tower, It's one in the morning. Explain yourself"
Kairi was tongue-tied and began to fiddle with her fingers, and Professor McGonagall turned to Jessy. "Mr. Filch told me about a signed note from Professor Yen Sid, Ms. Amakura. Show it to me", she held her hand out and looked sharply at Jessy. She breathed out and opened the book she carried, taking the envelope and giving it to her.

Professor McGonagall opened the note, glancing between it and Jessy. "Very well. This note is no doubt real from Professor Yen Sid. But you were still out of bed after the time. So I'll deduct ten points from Ravenclaw for that...and now, for the rest of you. I think I've got a good idea of what's been going on. It doesn't take a genius to work it out. You fed Marisol Sacarnis some made-up story about a dragon, trying to get her out of bed and into trouble. I've already caught her. I suppose you think it's funny that she believed it" At that moment, Riku spoke up. "Professor, we didn't tell Sacarnis one thing. Jessy and I joked around in front of the Hospital wing since Sora was bitten and we said out of fun that it was a dragon bite. How could we know the believed it?"
"I'm disgusted. Five students out of bed in one night! I've never heard of such a thing before! You, Ms. Heart! I thought you had more sense. As for you, Mr. Crown, Mr. Dawn, I thought your house meant more to you than this! The three of you will receive detention- nothing  gives you the right t walk around school at night, especially these days, it's very dangerous- and seventy points will be taken from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin!"

"Seventy?", all began to gasp. Riku was so sure that he'll kill Sora before the school year was over.
"Each, yes" Professor McGonagall was breathing heavily through her long pointed nose, looking at them
"What?- Please", Kairi began
"Professor- it was- you can't", Sora butted in

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do, Crown. Now get back to bed, all of you. And hopefully, this will teach you guys a lesson. So ashamed of you, Crown"
Seventy points from Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Slytherin lost almost a hundred points. It was safe to say that no one off the group slept well that night, and morning arrived too quickly for their liking. When everyone got out of bed, they knew they would be in for a bad surprise, and were they right.

Students that looked at the hourglasses the next day were shocked. Whispering among the students of different houses, most looked grumpy but no one knew what had happened...that was until the rumors started to spread. Sora Crown, one popular first-year Gryffindor had lost with other stupid students points from his and their houses. Kairi and Sora were down, and Jessy, along with some others, comforted the two.
Sacarnis, on the other hand, was screeching hysterical, Slytherin being now almost last place. She bit the nail of her thumb, growling, and shot a threatening glare over to Jessy as if she was at fault. Veins began to pop on her forehead and her eyebrows furrowed together. She swore she would get her in trouble, if not in more trouble for messing with Slytherin.