Chapter 7: Train Ride with new Friends

Almost a month passed since both sisters were by Diagon Alley to purchase their school stuff together.

When they were visiting in Floturena, Mrs. Aurora hugged poor Jessy for almost 10 minutes, much to the girl's embarrassment but to the joy of her family, while the old woman began to sob, wanted to hug her >5 mone minutes< as she claimed.

Even Mr. Codle was slightly sad that his best customer was going away for school but he was happy for her. He just begged her to never forget him.

But otherwise, it was just the same bickering at home, daily dueling, and everything else.

Over the next month, she almost daily went to the forest, spending all the time she could with Abrax, playing and flying with him before she went to Hogwarts.

Most nights, she lay awake, thinking or reading to get her mind off the sorting.

As happy that she would finally go to school, she couldn't shake the nervousness away that was in her because of the same reason.

Shaking her head, she tried to clear it from negative thoughts, Muria sweeping in every night to look at her and receiving pats and stroking...maybe bringing essential mice to her to cheer her up, making her laugh dryly.

At day, she flew around with a broom they had, often either racing with her sister or simply playing with an old quaffle, their father already being back to play for Ballycastle Bats next season, leaving early in the morning, and coming back late at night.

And soon, it was the end of August. Kuraiko began to pack her trunk with everything she needed, while Jessy began to do the same.

For her, it still felt surreal to leave home but she knew she wasn't alone because of her sister.

She began to sigh for the nth time that day when "Shouldn't you be happy to leave home?" "Kura" Jessy turned around to see her older sister standing in the doorway, smirking at her. "Nervous?" "Yeah" "I let you in on a secret. when I went away the first time, I was horrified" She looked at her, shocked. "You?! You're the bravest girl I know"

Kuraiko began to laugh, sitting on Jessy's bed with a sigh, her head in the sky.

"You might think that but when the train moved away, it dawned me that now I was alone. You, nor my family was with me. Then I got sorted into Slytherin and met Felice, Elrena and the others, I was at ease...yeah ok minus the kids who are scared of me because you know >Amakura bloodline!<"

She stated the last part in a deeper voice, dramatic, making Jessy laugh. "And now you join me and I am so happy!", Kuraiko gleamed, standing up to sit next to her little sister, hugging her close.

"Kura!" "Ah. I remember my robes were still in black when I arrived. And then the next day I wore green"

"I still believe that red would be the better option for you"

"Right?! But no the sorting hat was not even on my head as he stated >Slytherin!<" A low groan escaped her.

"How is the Slytherin room even?" "The common room? In the dark dungeons, directly under the lake. We see the large squid come by every now and then"

"Do you know the others?" "No, not really...I just know that Hufflepuffs are directly by the kitchen"

"Oh, awaking by the scent of breakfeast in the morning" "Stop! You make me hungry!" Both began to laugh.

"So your robes changed magically?" "I guess? I pulled them out, they were black. The next morning BAM! green"

"Perhaps you need glasses when you saw that" Jessy was shoved by Kuraiko before throwing an arm around her neck, pulling her in, and messing up her hair. "H-hey!", she brought out with a small laugh, causing the elder sister to let go, both laughing.