Chapter 5: Accepting Yourself

Three Years went by since Kuraiko was in Hogwarts. Now, she would come into her 4th year, as Jessy would soon be coming into her 1st year. It was a warm summer day, father and daughters in the air, discussing. "Kura, that was good but you don't have to be reckless" "What?! I am not!", protested the 14th-year-old, crossing her arms over her chest. "You'll be the Captain this season. Remember what a good Captain does, and what you do know, you will bring them at risk" "But Elrena always encourages me to do risks" "She is not you. She is the Beater and you are a Chaser. She plays differently than you do" "But!" "No buts" "Jessy, back me up on this", Kuraiko looked at her younger sister with pleading eyes, who tried to look away. "Jessy!" "You know Dad is right", she said softly. "Wha? Even you?", Kuraiko looked sad and broken. Her little sister took their fathers' side! "Kura. As a Captain, you must be tactical, oversee and listen to the others. You must think of the others, not just about winning...well, winning is the reason why you play, but you're not alone" "See", stated Kei proudly. "You read way to much" "Actually, Dad said that in an interview" "You've betrayed me, Dad!", she began to whine, making him laugh as "Hey! Food is ready! Come down and eat something", all 3 looked down to see Rei with her wand against the side of her neck, speaking loudly. "Coming!", all 3 shouted back and landed on the ground.

The brooms were stored away, food on the table and all sat down to eat. "I can't believe you're already going to be a 4th year, dear", cooed Hedwig and pinched her oldest granddaughter's cheek. "Grandma! Stop that" "So, how is Divination?", she asked. "Pretty good. Professor Trelawny is super funny and-", she stopped and suddenly beamed at Jessy. "Je", she began to sing out, making the blond-haired girl look at her older sister. "Study of Ancient Runes?" "You know me!" "Kura. You should do this yourself, not asking Jessy" "But! But she is the best! Even the Professors are mind-blown about that knowledge" "Blimey, what will be when she goes to school", groaned Kei, making Kuraikos eyes go wide. "YOU CAN HELP ME!", she suddenly yelled out and pulled Jessy into a big hug, cuddling her. "Kuraiko, not by eating", stated their mother and Kuraiko let go. "But this is amazing! You can help me, I can help you. I wonder in which house you come!" "Slytherin! Of course! The only right house for an Amakura!", Richard boomed with laughter, making Hedwig roll her eyes. "I hope not. Everyone is mostly scared of us" "Agreed! Shortly before Easter, a first-year Hufflepuff collided with me and they scurried away, apologizing and nearly crying" "Amakuras and Slytherin...just like history", groaned Kei and drank some water. "Well, if Jessy would get into Slytherin, then Qui-" "Welcome to Slytherin!", Kuraiko hugged her a second time, causing Jessy to almost choke on a piece of meat. "Ah! Sorry! You ok?" "I'm fine...not my voice", she stated with a scratched voice, causing mother, father, and Grandma to sigh, while Richard laughed loudly. "So I should just join you when it's about Quidditch?" "Oh, you will be the best!" "Kura, seriously", her younger sister sighed, head in her hand, as she just hummed and smiled at her.

"Mama? May I have the carrots?" "Going to Abrax again?", she asked as Jessy nodded, grabbing the said carrots and walking out as "Jessy! Care for a second round?", beamed Kura, with her black broom in hand. "Ah, no. I'm going to Abrax. Want to tag along?" "When he comes here, yes. I'm not going to him anymore" "Kura! That was 3 years ago", growled Jessy, ruffling her long golden locks. "It was 3 years ago, in the winter! I lay Christmas until the new years day down with a cold because of him!", Kuras's eyes went wide, ready to break something as Jessy held her hands up in surrender. "So no, I will not" "Ok, then I go alone" "But come back before it gets dark", shouted the older sister after she saw Jessy running away. "OK!", she shouted back and went fully inside, jumping over rocks, climbing over fallen trees, to the clearing where they met all these years ago, shouting "ABRAX", as loud as her lungs could.

Waiting for him, she sat down, feet in the water that was lukewarm because of the sun as she heard rustling and turned back to see the large horse coming to her from behind the trees. "Abrax!", beaming, she stood up as he bowed his snout to her, nuzzling her softly. "I got you carrots" She went to the big bundle, wanting to pick it up as she felt a soft force on her, landing on all fours in the small river. "Abrax! You~" The horse flapped his wings, clearly happy and proud of himself. "Abrax! You", she jumped up and wanted to jump on him, as he evaded, hovering in the air. "Hey! Flying is unfair" She began to chase him as he flew a little up.