Chapter 12: First game of the Season

After the troll event on Halloween night, November arrived in Hogwarts, and with it, the colder days. The mountains that surrounded the castle became ice-grey and the black lake looked like chilled steel while the mornings held frost over the grass and trees, and you could see the cold breath escaping your body and scarfs were worn around the castle, some snuggling into their warmth that only the eyes were seeable.

Kairi stated that the Hufflepuff Common Room was cuddly and warm, cozy, and perfect to sleep while Riku saw more creatures from the Slytherin Common Room window than usual, and Sora found it a tad bit colder than usual but nothing more.

The Ravenclaws had a perfect view over the whole of Hogwarts, and now that the days turned colder, Jessy woke up earlier than usual to see the fresh frost covering the grounds. The windows were also covered with a little frost but nothing too much, still enough to see the grounds. She could see Hagrid defrosting broomsticks on the training pitch, bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit-fur gloves, and enormous beaverskin boots.

Even when it got colder, most of them didn't care because on the first weekend in November the Quidditch Season began with Slytherin vs Gryffindor. Most were hyped up for this, and even the other houses came to watch this game.

Jessy would begin 2 weeks later in her first game against Hufflepuff and Sora begged her to join him to come to see the match with Gryffindor so often that she finally agreed to come and watch it, much to his happiness.

Yet, the group of friends was split on what to do. They wanted to cheer so badly for Gryffindor but Riku was on the Slytherin Team and was going to make his debut as a Chaser.

"How about we cheer for Riku?", began Sora. "The Slytherins hate us, Sora" "But it's Riku" "Yes we know that", sighed Roxas when the group of four were standing under the big tree in the middle courtyard, connected to the Transfiguration classroom. "Jessy, what will you do?", Kairi hummed out and looked at her friend who was just observing the conversation.

"What do you mean?", she was a little confused.
"Who will you cheer on? Your Sister?" "Right! She's also in Slytherin" "Well, I cheer for Gryffindor. I know how good my sister is and our father will cheer enough, believe me", she waved them off with her hand, making them laugh. "How about we make a banner for Gryffindor? You know, to cheer them on" "Yes!", Sora raised his voice enthusiastically. "I help you", he added and Roxas looked at him. "When you help, it will only bring shame to our house", stated Roxas to his brother, arms crossed while Sora pouted at him, making the girls chuckle. "How about you, Jessy?" She began to freeze. "Oh no no no. I can't draw to save my life. By Merlins' beard I'm bad. Like bad!", she stated as a matter of fact. "You're bad at something?!", Sora was shocked and Jessy simply looked at him. "I'm only a witch, you know" "yeah, but aren't Ravenclaws smart and good at everything?", Sora moved his hands behind his head, and shifted his weight to one leg. "No, no. We are more...quirky and open, to be honest. Yes, there gives Klaus and some others but we are a weird house. Loving but weird. Besides, ask Rox what happened in Transfiguration" Roxas laughed a little, remembering the classes. "You're bad in it" "I do my very best. Just because you can do it flawlessly" "Just joking", he raised his hands in defense, amusement was in his voice.

"Can we go inside now? I'm getting cold", Sora began to rub his arms and fidget in his spot, making the three look. "Give me a second, Sora", she opened the big book she got from her parents and searched for a spell. "Ah, here we are", she hummed out and drew her wand, pointing it at Sora. "Liquenvis!", she cast and a red color came from the tip, surrounding Sora for a few seconds before it vanished. "So, that must've done the trick" "Are you still cold, Sora?", Kairi bends a little down, looking up at him with a kind smile.

He blinked before smiling brightly. "No. Oh Jessy, thank you so much", a big grin came over his face, and Kairi, Roxas, and Jessy looked across the yard to see Snape limping. Sora turned his upper body a little to see what they were staring at and saw Snape, which he also caught on, and began to start limping over. "Great, we're doomed", stated Kairi and moved in between Roxas and Sora.