Chapter 8: The Sorting Ceremony

The door was now fully open, a tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes and glasses on her nose came out, a stern face on her.

A few flinched from the sight of her, Kairi even hiding a little behind Jessy.

"The firs'-years, Professor McGonagall", Hagrid told her, showing the students to her, making her bow her head the tiniest bit. "Thank you, Hagrid."

Hagrid nodded and went away, leaving the young students alone with her.

She could've sworn she heard some whispering for him to come back but didn't question it.

The door she stood in front of was now open wide, revealing the entrance Hall.

It was so big that it could fit the entrance hall of Amakura Mansion two- no three times! everyone gasped and looked around, stone walls lit with flaming torches, a ceiling too high to make out, and a polished marble staircase facing them, leading to upper floors. Sora was super excited, tugging Jessy's sleeve, grabbing her attention here and there, pointing to everything with a bright childlike gleam in his eyes, making her chuckle.

This boy was super eager!

Following Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor, passing a door. The rest of the whole school was already there, making Jessy nervous yet again.

Professor McGonagall showed the first years a small empty chamber off the hall, making the students squeeze into another, so close that you could almost hear the person next to you breathing!

Some were scared, thinking that they'll be kicked out already.

"Welcome to Hogwarts", she began, hands folded neatly into one another before she began to speak "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room"

She looked around the group to see if everyone is still listening.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards.
While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points.
At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours."

Another look of her went into the group

The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while waiting"

Her gaze fell to Sora who wore his shirt kinda off, Kairi who had her tie clumsy folded, and even to Marisol who didn't even wear her robe correctly.
" I shall return when we are ready for you", she looked at everyone one last time "Please wait quietly", she added before leaving the chamber, as directly everyone was talking, some freaking out.

"Can someone of you help me with my tie?", asked Kairi and looked at the boys. "Sorry. Riku did it for us" "Come here, I'll help you" "Oh thank you Jessy", a smile came over her face, smiling brightly when she corrected her tie, Roxas nearly chocking Sora when he helped him with his shirt.

"What did Riku say again how we get sorted?" "He told us something about a test of our knowledge and everything"

Some students looked at them and nearly began to hyperventilate when Jessy rose her finger. "Ehm actually-" "Please leave them. It's fun to see them like this", admitted Roxas which made Jessy chuckle.