Chapter 9: The Mysterious Book

The next morning Iris and Jessy were just walking to their first period. It was Transfiguration and both were talking, while Lilie and Lumina were with their friends they met even before school. They belonged in a different House and wanted to exchange the looks of their common rooms.

While Iris and Jessy began to laugh they heard "Jessy! Wait up!", a familiar voice calling from behind them. she stopped and turned around, seeing Roxas, holding his books and huffing, while dragging Sora along, who was almost on the ground. "Roxas, Sora! Good Morning", she smiled at both. "Oh, this is Iris. My roommate and friend" "Friend?! Oh Jessy!", she was directly hugged by Iris. "Hi. You also Transfiguration?" "Yes" "Ah, finally! Sora got lost" "Hi Jessy", said Sora flashed her a bright smile. "Morning Sora" "Jessy, may I sit next to you in Transfiguration?" "What?! But Roxas!", Sora was shocked and looked so sad when he heard it, making Roxas growl and rub his head. "Sure Roxas", smiled Jessy at him and his eyes snapped to her, relief washing over his face when she said that. All 4 began to walk when "Uh, the fountain looks-" Sora walked towards it, just to be yanked back by his collar from Roxas. "You stay! I have enough to do with you already!" "So bad?" "You have no idea", he growled and dragged him to Transfiguration.

Just when they sat down and Roxas relaxed, the door was being opened by Professor McGonagall came in, looking strict as ever.

"Welcome to your first class of Transfiguration. Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn here at Hogwarts. Anyone messing aroud in my class will leave and not come back, You have been warned. Now, today will cover the basics and mostly writing. Open your books please, we begin"

And she stated true. They began to copy word for word from books and even from the Board. Roxas seemed to get lost a few times during all of this, making Jessy help him by pointing to words.

In the end, they were off to transfigure Ladybugs into buttons. While Roxas perfected it directly on the first try, Jessys didn't budge or it was a button with the legs of the Ladybug left before the bell ringed and everyone packed up, ready to leave.

"Ah, thank you Jessy. You saved my notes" "Sure thing, Roxas. I was happy to he-" "Yo Roxas!", she was cut off by a new voice, making both look forward to seeing a guy that was a little older than them with fair skin, shoulder-length bright red hair, styled in slick back spikes and bright emerald eyes. He wore the Gryffindor colors, his hand up to let Roxas see him. "Hi Axel" "Hey, man! I thought that was you. Oh? Who are you?", he eyed Jessy. "No wait!", he stopped her before she could introduce herself. "You're the Amakura that was sorted into Ravenclaw" "Just call me Jessy, please" "My name is Axel, got it memorized?", he smirked at her, tipping his head a little. "Axel, ok" "Ha! I like you. So? How was the first lesson, newbies?" Roxas growled and looked away. "what's gotten into him?" "sora giving him a hard time, that is all"

Next, she had Potions in the Dungeons with the Hufflepuffs. "Ehm, Lilie? How do you know the way to Potions?", asked Lumina with a raised eyebrow, while Lilie turned around, looking at her three roommates. "A dark place is perfect to dwell on the mysterious and enchanting while being dark as your shadow that follows you around for your whole life. That you can trust", she smiled and Iris gulped, hiding behind Jessy, despite being taller than her.

The 4 arrived in Potions and noticed that it was darker and colder here than in the rest of the castle. "Ok, I don't like this place", stated Lumina and sat together with Iris and Lilienne went to a girl with bushy dark-blonde pigtails, who was happy to see her. "Jessy!", she heard her voice and looked forward to seeing "Kairi! Ventus!", her voice came out with happiness and she sat between the two. "We reserved you a seat", smiled Ventus at her. "You guys are the best", she smiled at them and got her stuff ready.

"Jessy? What is everyone afraid of your Last Name?", asked Ventus, resting his head over his crossed arms on the table. "Right. I heard so many others whispering and being baffled" "Ah yes...the name Amakura is a pretty famous one in the Wizard Community and History" "How so?", Ven crooked his head to the side, waiting for her to continue. "We are mostly assumed with the bad things and arts of the Wizard kind" "What? But you are so nice and sweet" "Haha. Thank you Kairi", Jessy let out a little laugh. "We are known for being strong and rutheless, to be honest. Well, I guess we were that but my Grandfather is still onto these traditions, while my Mother, Father and Kuraiko are different" "So that was your sister that cheered yesterday by your sorting!", gasped Ventus. "Yes. That was Kuraiko", she admitted and then the door was slammed open, the Professor just entering and already beginning to take the register of the students' names when he paused. "Sapphire Amakura, Jessy", he stated as he reached the front, and Jessy rose her hand. "Here" "The newest addition of the Amakuras", he said while looking back at the list to check the other students' names.