Chapter forty one: Big sister

"What?"

"It was my lawyer, she said that they proved he lied in court which is at least 5 years in prison"

I know I said that he lied, and he did. But why do I feel bad? "So... what's next?"

"You're going to get most of your money back, but they couldn't get your apartment back i'm sorry" Scarlett said

"Oh, umm great thanks..." I stumbled over my words, "Are you okay?" she asked

"I know I should be relieved, but... I don't know"

"Y/N he's your father it's understandable for you to feel this way"

"He's not my father anymore..."   "Y/N, he raised you, you grew up with him, it's okay for you to feel your emotions and not bury them deep inside"

I sighed, I hate that I feel guilty about this, I shouldn't be right?

God, I'm driving myself insane.

I felt Scarlett's hand on my shoulder, "Hey, don't beat yourself up about it, it's okay to feel whatever you need to feel. Maybe a hug would help a little bit?" she suggested carefully

I nodded my head and she pulled me into a hug, squeezing me tightly. She stroked my hair softly, "It's okay" she whispered softly, her voice soothing and calming.

"Thanks Scar" I said as we pulled away

"It's no problem honey, let's go eat? Maybe watch another movie? get your mind off this?"

I nodded softly, "Yeah.. okay" I whispered

We walked inside, Scarlett's arm around my shoulders. I saw Olivia glancing over to us, not paying attention to the movie anymore.

"Burgers are ready!" Flo announced excitedly

Everyone sat at the table. Olivia came from behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Are you okay princess? you seem out of it"

I squeezed her arms around me tighter and she frowned in concern, turning me around to face her. "What's wrong baby?"

"Can we talk later?"

She nodded, "Of course my love, here sit next to me, i'll go get you a burger"

"Okay" I mumbled as I sat down

"Do you want some fries?" "Yeah sure, thanks baby"

She smiled and walked to the kitchen to get us the food.

"Hey honey, are you feeling okay? you look a little lost in your thoughts" Lizzie said

"I'm okay Liz, can we talk about this later I don't want to ruin the moment with everyone here"

"Sure, but are you okay, you sure you want to wait?"

"Yeah, i'm okay Liz really"

She narrowed her eyes at me, "I'm okay mama, I promise" I said with a small smile.

"Okay" she kissed my forehead

"Here you go baby" Olivia set the plate in front of me

"Thank you" she leaned down to peck my lips sweetly and sat down next to me.

We all ate and talked about the upcoming series finale, and the new cast members that'll join us soon.

But soon enough I was driven back to my own head, Do we need to look for a new apartment now? and what is my sister gonna say? She probably hates me now.

Lizzie, Olivia and I got back to Lizzie's place. I took a quick shower and changed into my pajamas.

"Sweetie?" Lizzie called