16

Since Erica had fiddled with Stiles' Jeep, he drove himself and Molly to the mechanic's shop to get it fixed.

The mechanic was a cocky guy. "Hey! Hey? Wh -- what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter."

The mechanic gave Stiles a sarcastic nod. "Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has got to be replaced here." He looked at Molly and smiled.

Stiles shot him a frown. "Why do I get the feeling you're slightly over-estimating the damage?" He narrowed his eyes, not liking how Molly was being stared at and stepped in front of her.

"It's probably gonna run you around like $1200 in parts and labor."

Stiles scoffed. "Do you know what a limited differential is?"

"No-"

"Yeah, coming on more like $1500."

"Okay. Just finish. I'll be back here, seething with impotent rage!"

Stiles crossed his arms while Molly opened the door. There was an odd sticky substance on it, and Stiles touched the handle. He gave a look of disgust. "Oh. Nice. It's real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here."

The mechanic said nothing and Stiles muttered, "Figures."

Molly fell to the ground and quickly realized she couldn't move. Stiles fell around the same time as her. From where she was, she could see a picture of the mechanic in a Beacon Hills lacrosse uniform.

The blonde glanced at her friend. "Stiles? I can't move."

Stiles looked at the mechanic, as best as he could, and tried to get his attention. "No. Hey. Hey! Hey! Uh."

A voice caught her attention. "911, what's your emergency?"

Stiles and Molly couldn't speak and managed to exchange a terrified look.

A lizard creature appeared at the glass door to the waiting area and hissed at Molly and Stiles before disappearing.

Eventually, the police appeared and the sheriff asked, "What happened?"

Stiles glanced at Molly and she said, "We heard a sound and saw the Jeep fall on the mechanic."

He frowned at her, like he knew she was blatantly lying to him. "I'll ask again. What happened?"

Stiles let out a sigh. "She told you. We just -- we walked in and we saw the Jeep on top of the guy, that's all."

"Did you hear something or did you see the Jeep on that guy? What's wrong with your hands?"

Stiles glanced to Molly before saying, "Nothing. Can we just get out of here now?"

"Look, if there's something you don't think you can tell me-"

Stiles scoffed. "You think we're lying?"

"Your stories don't add up, but no, of course not. I'm just worried about you two. Molly's brothers are worried about her. Now, if you two saw someone do this, if you're afraid that maybe they're gonna come back and make sure you don't say anything about it-"

"We didn't see anything. At all. Can we go now please?"

Sheriff Stilinski nodded. "Sure. But not in your Jeep. We're gonna have to impound it. Sorry kid, evidence. I'll see you at home. Make sure you get Molly home safely."

Stiles let out a defeated sigh. "All right, well, at least make sure they wash it."

While they waited for Scott to pick them up, Stiles asked her, "Are you okay?"