Molly was sitting on her bed doing homework.

A knock sounded on her door and she glanced up to see her eldest brother. "Dean?"

Dean, in an annoyed tone, said, "Stiles is downstairs. He's insisting you come with him."

"For what?"

"I have no idea, but if he honks that damn horn again, I'm going to remove it from his car."

Molly got up from her bed. "I'll yell at him." She put on her shoes and ran a hand through her hair as she made her way out to the Jeep.

When Stiles saw her, he said, "Finally!"

Molly glared at him. "You woke Dean, you ass. He threatened to mess with your Jeep and remove that stupid horn."

"Sorry, I didn't realize."

"No. You didn't. Use your brain next time. Where are we going?"

"Be nice. We're going to the school."

"When you don't wake my brother, sure. Oh yay."

They reached the school and Molly asked, "Where is she?"

Allison walked over to Lydia at the front of the building and said, "Over here."

"Lydia?" Molly called. "Lydia!"

Lydia appeared and said, "It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asked.

Lydia shook her head. "Not yet."

""Not yet?" What do you mean "not yet"? Lydia, you're supposed to call after you find the dead body."

She glared at him. "Oh, not, I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body."

Molly walked towards the school sign and her breath hitched as she said, "Guys, I found the dead body."

There was a deputy covered in blood lying on the Beacon Hills High School sign.

---

In Jennifer's class the next morning, she talked to them about different writing tools. "Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes. All tools the writer uses to tell their story. Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

Molly snuck a quick glance at Lydia to see that she was drawing a tree; the exact same tree that she'd drawn when Stiles tried to get her to use automatic writing while they were looking for Deaton.

Lydia met Jennifer's eyes. "You and every guy I've dated."

Jennifer took a nervous step back. "Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like "seeing the whole board.""

"Like chess," Stiles said.

Jennifer turned to him and nodded. "That's right, Stiles. Do you play?"

Stiles shook his head. "Uh, no. My father does."

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliché?"

The class remained silent. Scott turned to Molly and Stiles. "I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk."