Molly leaned against the bleachers while Scott and Stiles spoke. Stiles was trying to reassure his best friend. "Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?"

Scott gave him a nod. "Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

Stiles shrugged. "We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

"Ah. I texted him, but he didn't get back to me."

Molly frowned at her friend. "You told him his crazy sister was back from the dead in a text. Great idea, because that always ends well."

He turned to her and shrugged. "I didn't have the money to call France."

"Could have asked Sam or Dean for help. Or even Cas. See, this is why you boys need me. I need to grab something from my locker. Enjoy practice. Don't let the freshmen beat you."

She waved goodbye to the boys and walked away.

The bell rang and as Molly was walking to math, she saw Malia walk into the classroom and exit almost immediately. She grabbed her shoulders and took her back into the classroom.

Molly shot Molly a frown. "I hate math. It's pointless."

"Math is essential to the important parts in life," she told her. "At least, that's what Sam constantly says."

"To what?" Malia asked.

"Knowing how to tip at restaurants," Stiles said.

Lydia frowned at him. "And other less important things like medicine, economics, engineering..."

"Tipping," Stiles interrupted.

Molly rolled her eyes at them and Mrs. Fleming began class. "All right, volunteers to the board. Lydia, Diego, Malia."

Malia glanced up and frowned. "Um... I didn't volunteer."

Mrs. Fleming gave her a small smile. "You did now. To the board."

She and Lydia talked with each other while Molly sat back to take notes.

As soon as it did, Malia, Kira and Molly made their way to the lacrosse field.

Molly caught sight of a kid who was showing everyone up; including Scott. The kid was doing well at everything; running, goal, and every position imaginable.

Malia frowned at Kira. "What's wrong with you?" She turned to look at Molly. "Can you calm down? You look like you're about to stab someone."

Kira frowned. "Me? Nothing."

Malia turned back to her. "You reek of anxiety. And it's distracting. What's going on?"

Kira bit her lip nervously. "Scott and I sort of had this thing happen. But it wasn't much of a thing. And I'm starting to think it never was anything at all."

"What do you want it to be?"

"More."

They turned back to watch the field and the freshman was still kicking everyone's ass. Kira asked, "Isn't the captain supposed to be one of the best players on the team? Or good?"

Molly frowned, seeing her friend. "Yes and yes. What the hell is going on with him?"

Suddenly, the game clicked with the boys and Coach cried, "That's my boys! Those two are like sons to me."

"Yes!" Kira cheered loudly.

As soon as the freshman wonder walked up, he performed a twisting maneuver.

"That was luck!" Malia cried. "Do over!"

Molly nodded and pointed to Malia. "Yeah, do over!"

Coach made his way over to them and said, "Sweetheart, there's no do overs. This is practice. Winchester, I thought you'd remember that."

Molly smiled sweetly. "Oh, I do, Coach. But I want to see my friends kick their little freshman asses."

Malia said with determination, "Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles."

Coach smirked. "I'll take that action. Hey! Get back in there, Liam."

The boy did so and Scott ran a second time and flipped Liam. The latter stood, but it was obvious he was in pain. The boys decided to take him to the nurse and Molly hopped down to follow.

After examining him, the nurse said, "He has a bad sprain. It'd be best if he were to go to the hospital."

They took him to the hospital to make sure he was okay. Scott talked to Kira before they took Liam to the hospital.

When they got there, Melissa walked up to them. Scott smiled awkwardly at his mom. "Uh... Hi, Mom."

Melissa smiled at Liam as she wheeled him away. She leaned down and said something to him that Molly couldn't hear.

Molly looked at her friend. "Not sure what Melissa is gonna do, but it'll probably hurt. Hopefully he doesn't need a doctor."

They left and Stiles turned to Scott. "Molly and I have to get going. We're gonna help Malia study."

Scott replied, "Sure. I want to check on him anyway."

Molly turned to her friend. "Scott, it wasn't your fault. Unless you purposefully injured that freshman."

He lowered his head. "I don't know."

"Scott, you held back."

Stiles nodded. "She's right. Scott, if you had used any wolf power, that kid wouldn't be limping; he'd be crawling back to the other half of his body."

Scott shook his head. "If I hadn't been so worried about being captain, he wouldn't be hurt either."

Molly patted Scott's shoulder. "You are still half-human, Scott. It's okay to do things for yourself every once in a while."

Scott smiled briefly as Stiles drove himself and Molly to his place after they'd picked up Malia. They studied for about an hour and Malia decided she was done.

Molly studied her notebook and frowned. "Something's bugging me." She tossed her notebook down and looked down in thought.

Stiles lifted her chin up and said, "Hey, we're not finished yet."

"Maybe you're not, but I am," Molly mumbled.

"Okay... I promised you, Malia and I were going to study. What's with all the highlighters anyway?"

"Green is for what I understand, yellow is for what I'm working on, and red... Red means I don't know what I'm doing," Malia replied. "Molly suggested it to me."

Stiles smiled at Molly as Malia added, "Also, Lydia's notes are really confusing."

Molly looked at the notes and frowned. "Wait a minute."

Stiles took the notes from Malia's hands and frowned. "This isn't math. What is this?"

Molly slowly shook her head. "I have no idea."