Molly sat on the couch in the sheriff's office listening to Stiles and his dad. "I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten. His older sister died in an accident when he was eight."

The sheriff let out a sigh. "Please go to school."

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf."

"Your best friends are a werewolf and a witch. You are dating said witch. I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."

"Please go, you two."

Sheriff Stilinksi sighed and Stiles glanced to his dad, confusion on his face. "What did you do?"

"What?" he asked, glancing down at his uniform and back up. "What do you mean, "What did I do?"?"

"There's something different about you."

"What are you talking about?"

Stiles began sniffing his dad like a dog. "What is it? What's different?"

Molly pulled him back. "Dude, stop sniffing your dad. We gotta get to school."

The sheriff let out a groan. "For the love of God, Stiles, just go to school. Molly's right."

Stiles pointed to his dad. "I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens."

"No. You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every single time you have a minor suspicion."

Parrish entered the room. "And he's not the only one."

Molly turned to Parrish. "Can you do a background check on the Raekens?"

Parrish nodded and smiled.

The sheriff frowned. "Parrish!"

On their way to school, Stiles glanced at Molly. "How come you don't believe that something is off with Theo?"

"Who says I don't?"

"Do you believe me?"

"I don't know yet."

"Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago."

"Meaning?"

"Who speeds?"

"Basically everyone. Dean's notorious for it. He once went the speed limit according to Sam, which was cause for concern. How many tickets do you have?"

He smirked. "None."

"And how many tickets would you have if your dad didn't bail you out?"

"Seventeen."

"My point exactly."

The two got to the school and walked to the front doors.

Stiles and Tabitha shared a look as Malia walked over. "Want me to torture him?"

Stiles frowned at her. "We've talked about this. What have I said?"

"To not do it? Do you two want me to torture him?"

Stiles shook his head. "No, I don't want you to torture him. Molly can speak for herself."

Malia crossed her arms, looking between the two of them. "I'm pretty sure I can take him. Molly might be able to as well"

Molly looked between them. "We should wait to see why he's here. Have a plan, all right? There are steps to doing this right."

"What steps?" Malia asked.