Molly frowned, staring at the younger Derek Hale. "We should take him to Deaton."

Scott glanced at her and nodded. "Good idea."

When they reached the Animal Clinic, Deaton took one look at Derek and his eyes widened. "Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles questioned. "Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do" kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

Molly glanced at her friend. "Pretty certain it's the other kind of wow."

Deaton turned to Stiles. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

Lydia took Derek's hand. "He's cold. Really cold."

Scott looked up at his boss. "Do you think this is permanent?"

Deaton shrugged. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

While staring at Derek, Molly asked, "Okay, what are we going to do with him?"

"Until he wakes up, probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles questioned.

Deaton glanced at Stiles. "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

Lydia frowned. "Why would she want to do this to him?"

Molly frowned. "Remembering how Kate was, it's good for her, bad for us."

Deaton looked between them. "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep. It's a school night... And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

Scott looked up at the druid. "Someone should stay with you."

Lydia glanced down at Derek who was still holding her hand. "I'll stay. My grades are fine... Despite missing a few classes."

Molly shook her head. "I don't like that idea."

Lydia looked at her as she said, "Guys, go."

Molly crossed her arms. "No."

Scott dragged her out and said, "Text us if anything happens."

Outside the clinic, Molly put up a fuss. "Scott, we know nothing about this version of Derek! I don't trust her alone with him." She started heading back and Scott grabbed her, holding her tightly.

Molly glared at him and twisted him, knocking him to the ground. She started going back towards the clinic and Stiles pulled her back. "Molly, it'll be okay. Lydia can handle herself."

---

As soon as Scott got home, he tried to be quiet, but something crashed to the ground and he picked up a toolbox.

"Scott?" Agent McCall asked.

Scott gave his dad an awkward smile. "Hey, Dad. What's with the tools?"

He sighed. "Oh, I was just, uh... getting started on a list of repairs you guys need done. What time is it?"

"It's um... Midnight," Scott lied, glancing at the clock.

Agent McCall sighed once again. "We were supposed to have dinner. We had a deal. When your mom has a night shift, we eat dinner."

Scott nodded apologetically. "Sorry, I totally forgot about it. When we got back from the camping trip, I had to go straight to the Animal Clinic to finish up work."