18

Allison was taking Molly and Lydia home and as she dropped Lydia off, she said, "I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what the hell just happened."

Lydia gave her a nod. "I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened."

Molly glanced at her. "It's, uh... complicated."

Lydia shot her a look. "Well, how 'bout either of you start with why Derek was there? Or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica? Or do you two need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"

Molly glanced at Allison and she shook her head, but the blonde ignored the brunette and spoke. "It's kinda complicated. But basically monsters are real, Scott's one of them, but he's not gonna hurt anyone. Isaac's one of them too. Amongst others. Allison's and my family hunts monsters. There's a lot more, but that's the basic gist."

Allison turned to Lydia, who was staring at Molly in confusion. "Part of the reason why I'm asking is because Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, okay? It's better if you just keep what you know to yourself."

Lydia sighed. "Fine. I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend -- which is nothing -- to myself."

Allison frowned at her. "Hey. He's not just my boyfriend. You get that, right?"

She grabbed Lydia's wrist, and Lydia tried to get it off. "Let me go."

Allison let out a sigh. "Just for one second, please, try and remember-"

"Remember what?"

"Remember what it feels like. All of those times when you see him standing down the hall and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times in class when you -- you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that he's standing right out there waiting for you. Don't you remember what that's like?"

Lydia shook her head. "No."

"What do you mean, "no"? You've had boyfriends."

"None like that."

Allison glanced at the blonde. "Molly, do you feel the same way? About Isaac or Stiles?"

Molly frowned slightly. "Uh, yeah." While she liked Isaac, she wasn't sure if she felt that way about him.

"You don't sound sure."

"Allison, I'd rather not talk about this."

"You're lucky, you know. Two guys interested in you."

Molly scoffed. "Stiles isn't interested in me. Just Isaac, and I don't know what's going on there. I mean, he attacked me, and that-" She fell silent and looked out the window. "Can we just go home? I want to go to bed."

Allison glanced at her and nodded. "Stiles is into you. Trust me."

"I'm about to stab you with my pocketknife. What part of I'm done talking don't you understand?! Sorry. That was harsh."

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry for pushing."

"And I'm sorry for yelling."

Molly's phone buzzed with a message from Isaac, but she ignored it. After everything that had happened, she needed to think about what she wanted.

---

The next day at school, Allison and Molly were called into the principal's office. Gerard gave them a smile while the girls frowned at him.

"Why am I here?" Molly asked. "I didn't do anything."

Gerard, still smiling, said, "Relax. I just need to find out a few things." He turned to his granddaughter. "So, who did you say you were studying with tonight?"