two | the lake

two | THE LAKE
━━━━━━━━━━
I  N  D  R  A    F  O  R  E  S  T

Something about the burst of new beauty of nature made me love the fall season more than I loved the other seasons.

Each step I take on the ground, the delicate sound of my feet crunching the crispy leaves echo throughout the hidden trail. Many orangish leaves surround the trail as I walk to my favorite place in the world. 505 by Arctic Monkeys starts to play through my earphones.

If it's a seven-hour flight or a forty-five-minute drive

Lyrics crawling out of my earbuds obstruct the serene coos from crows. Vibrant orange and green tree outline are traced by my index fingers as they follow the path of the loft, infinite sky. Strands of my amber hair hinder my vision ahead of me. My movement halts when my feet are inches away from a relatively oval lake. Grass encompassed the perimeter, peering in almost as if the tips wanted to take a swim. The sun reflects off the pond's surface, a small breeze causes ripples in the water. 

I spot a white goose pushing its webbed feet back and forward underwater, swimming through the pond. The goose was alone, none of the goose's buddies following around it. Same here buddy. You're all alone just like me.

I like being alone, not feeling alone. They're two different meanings. I could have fun on my own, doing stuff I like to keep myself entertained, but once in a while, I'll feel extremely lonely. I feel like I have no one in this life, no one to help me when I'm at my lowest, and that feeling fucking sucks.

Loneliness slowly consumes every aspect of my body like an incurable virus, nothing to cure my solitude. Maybe feeling lonely is my punishment for my father's death.

At least I have music to fill some of the loneliness I feel.

But I crumble completely when you cry.

The music continues to play through my earbuds as I take my last glimpse at the pond. I hum the beats of the music, continuing on this trail to the even larger lake. The cold strong breeze hits me, making my nose even colder than it already is. I run my fingers through my hair, looking down at my outfit. I had on an oversized, button-up, light blue cardigan with black loose jeans and raven color platform boots.

I continue to walk to my favorite place in Boston, bobbing my head left to right to the music. The curve on my plump lips grows with each step, stopping once I reach the wide, exquisite lake. There are mountains merging with each other, their outlines peering over the lake as if they were cooling off from the sun's heat. Tender ripples form in the lake as the sun's hues lighten them. The saltwater scent swathes my nostrils, forcing my body to inundate my nose.

Walking closer to the edge of the dock, I sit down with my knees to my chest. My dad loves lakes. He loved how quiet and peaceful they were. He would take me on small walking trips to any kind of lake in Boston, and we would talk about life. I missed those days. I miss it every single day. The curve on my lips starts to unfold as my music starts to change to Out Of My League by Fitz and The Tantrums.

Forty days and forty nights

I cross my legs on the dock once my legs start to feel uncomfortable and place my phone on my thigh, the wire of the earphones resting on my chest.

Everything seems so-

"What the fuck." A deep voice shouts over my music, interrupting my thoughts. I remove one of my earbuds from my ears, looking over my shoulder. Green eyes, that's what I'm going to call him from now on. The same guy who was at Elosie's vinyl shop early today. He had on the same outfit, but his dark brown hair was under a black beanie, tiny little hairs sticking out of the bottom. I glance at the neck tattoo I didn't notice before. V/XX was written on the side of his neck. My eyes trail down to his hands, a cigarette in between his forefinger and middle finger, orange and red flames at the end. My eyes connect with his green ones and watch his eyebrows crease together, forming an angry facial expression. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing here?" I ask, grabbing my other earbud in my ear and placing it on my lap. "I'm here to look at the view."

"Juste un jour de paix, juste un jour je demande." Green eyes mumble under his breath, looking to his side. He raises his hand to his eyes, rubbing it, and lets out a groan.
| Just one day of peace, just one day I ask for. |

Just from his tone alone, I already knew this was going to be a long day.

━━━━━━━━━━

sorry for the short chapter. I've been trying to make longer chapters and post two times a week, but realize I still have school. But I'll still try to update every week.

Anyways have a nice day/night and be safe <3