nine | diner

nine | DINER
━━━━━━━━━━
I  N  D  R  A    F  O  R  E  S  T

I always wanted my life to be like those cringy children's shows I used to watch when I was younger, they always seemed so happy. And even if they had problems with someone close to them, they're always solved by the end of the episode. In a way, I envied them, envious that they had their problems solved while I was still trying to figure out why my mother hates me so much.

I count each faintly greening tree as the bus pass by each one. Cold winds rush through the giant windows and cool the atmosphere inside the bus. Beau's arms brush against mine, his thick jacket obstructing the touch-on-touch contact. Even if I wasn't looking at him, I felt his strong gaze on me.

"Are we almost there?" I ask, facing him. A smirk etch on his lips, his hair pressed against his forehead, and his emerald green eyes instantly connect with mine.

"Be patience, Indra." He pauses, drifting his gaze behind me, looking at the window. "I'll tell you when we're there."

"You know, I don't like surprises." I tell him, furrowing my eyes together when a sad memory comes to mind.

"I'll add that to the list of things you don't like?" He jokes, "Which is a lot."

My lips slightly part, "I don't dislike that many things."

He lifts an eyebrow, "Yes, you do."

"Name some." I mumble, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay, let me think about it." He tilts his head up, gazing upward, his tongue rolling against the inside of his cheek.

"See, you can't name a-"

His head is turned towards mine as he interrupts me. "You don't like grapes or raisins. You don't like it when people breathe too close to your neck because it makes you feel weird things or when people eat too close to your ears." Beau's grin caught my attention as his pupils travel over my facial features. "You don't like it when it's too cold because it makes your nose red. You don't like it when you bite your nails but still, do it anyway. You also don't like strawberry ice cream." He raises one eyebrow, opens his mouth slightly, and one curve of his lips remains on his face. "Should I say more?"

I shake my head, "You actually listen to me when I talk?"

He nods, "I like listening to you when you talk." His raspy, deep voice states quietly, "Makes my whole day better." My cheeks instantly heat up as his statement escapes his lips.

Shit.

In a flash, I turn my head to the window, hiding my blush from Beau. Whether I looked at him or not, I knew he was smirking.

My fascination with talking was ‌muted by all those bored facial expressions every time I spoke. So, I submerged ‌the talkative part of me deep within me while the quiet one came out to play. When I started talking a lot to Beau, I didn't know he listened to whatever bullshit I was saying.

The bus halts for a stop, "Come on, we're here." Beau says, sliding off his seat. He stands to his feet and shoves his hands into his pocket, waiting for me. I stand up from my seat and walk in front of him. The automatic doors open, allowing both Beau and I to walk out. A blast of cold air hits me ‌as‌ ‌I‌ ‌step‌ ‌outside. I grip my sky blue hoodie closer to my body to increase my body heat.

I should have worn something thicker.

"Should've worn something thicker." Beau points out, standing right next to me as the bus's door shuts. ‌When the bus drove away, instant air from the bus blew my hair all over. "Come on, we're almost there. We just need to walk a little."