fourteen | cry baby

fourteen | CRY BABY
━━━━━━━━━━
I  N  D  R  A    F  O  R  E  S  T

Awe overtakes me as I scan the beautiful cities, indicating people in the apartments by bright lights, it is all the more striking against the orange sky. The sunset screams a happy ending of a story, a blissful ending everyone receives, but not every single individual on this planet has a happy ending, only people with beautiful qualities are blessed with a glorious sunset. And those who don't, end up with gray clouds obscuring their sunset. 

The sound of a camera shuttering interprets my thoughts, I look over my shoulder to see Beau, standing in the far corner of the room with a black polaroid camera blocking my view of his face.

"What the hell?" I slightly shout, furrowing my eyebrows together. A thin hole appears at the bottom of his polaroid camera, through which the film of his camera slips. He grabs the end before the film falls to the ground, shaking it once he gently pulls it out of the camera. I turn my body fully around and move towards Beau. The film continues to be shaken, waiting for it to dissolve into a life-filled picture as I walk closer to him. His tall frame towers over mine, a smirk being the only thing drawn to his lips. Those emerald green eyes filled with peace captivated my attention. "You need to stop taking pictures of me."

"Why? The only thing I enjoy photographing is you." He states, and I feel instant butterflies in my stomach.

Shit, I've been feeling like this all day. Everything he says makes my cheeks burn with affection, and it makes me want to smother him for making me feel this way.

"Here hold this for me. I need to do something." He passes me the film and paces towards one side of his room, a room which I loved. Small shelves filled with CDs and vinyl were placed against his creamed-colored walls near his door. The bed was large, having about two people sharing the bed, and the headboard was jet black. Both the nightstand and dresser have the same hue as the headboard, enabling them to fit perfectly into the room.

I drift my head down to the film in my hand. I was in the center of the picture, with my hair in a low ponytail, my body radiating adoration of Boston, and my elbow being the only thing seen of my whole arms because it was crossed over my chest.

Music starts playing in the background, Marby Bum by Arctic Monkeys to be specific. And before I know it, someone grabs the film out of my hand and places it somewhere else. Then a bulky arm wraps around my waist, pulling me closer to their chest. My vision is clear after the fast movements with Beau's face close to mine. "Shit." I move my head slightly back, "Shit."

I've seen your frown and it's like looking down
The barrel of a gun
And it goes off.

"You said this is one of your favorite songs." He states, pressing the palm of his hand on the small of my back. With his free hand, he trails his fingers down my arm to my hand, the fingers' pads heats up every place he touches, melting any nervous coursing through my blood like he was a flame liquefying the candle stick. He clasps our hands, raising them mid-air. He pushes pressure on my lower back to have me lean against his whole body. My other hand presses on his upper arm as flames grow in my body. My lips curve to my ears as I lift my head up and align my eyes with his. Our lips started emulating each other as we listened to the beats of the music. We start to flap our lips simultaneously as we shout the lyrics.

Beau gravitas our hands to the air and twirls me into a circle. He lets go of my hand after I turn my whole body, which leads me to place both of my hands on his shoulder, and his arms to wrap around my lower waist. We sway with the music, still staying in the same spot. The beats of the song change into different music from Arctic Monkeys' album, Riot Van.

Up rolls a riot van
And sparks excitement in the boys
But the policemen look annoyed.

His eyes trail to my lips as I speak, "I'm not good at dancing."

"Neither can I, but we're still working it out." He whispers, his eyes fixed on my lips like they were the only feature on my face. The melody disappears in the air, as we both watch the room blankly.

"I need to change it." He groans, unwrapping his hands from my body. He leaves for the corner of the room, and the heightened feeling in my body vanishes as well. He grabs a vinyl on the nightstand and slides the cover off. He lifts the cartridge from the vinyl, removes it from the vinyl player, and places the other one in his hand on it. As soon as he puts the cartridge down, music begins filling the silence. Cry Baby by The Neighbourhood starts to play.

I bounce my head to beats as Beau starts walking over to me. He grabs both of my hands as they both sway with the music and pulls me into his chest. His arms encircle me, and my hands rest on his shoulders.

I know I'll fall in love with you, baby
And that's not what I wanna do.

Our heads swivel closer to each other, Beau leaning his body down so our foreheads are touching. As I stare at Beau's lips, the lyrics coming out of my mouth blend into mumbles. My eyes lift up to Beau's eyes as he smirks, indicating he was watching me.

Shit.

My arms slide from his shoulders to the back of his neck, playing with the tiny hairs. A sigh falls off Beau's mouth due to my small action, and the puff of his breath fans my lips. The heat of my body is like a fire consuming the wood around it. The music fades out, and I can only hear us breathing deeply together. Our lips move closer together, approaching each other as if we were about to kiss, but we don't. "I always imagine being kissed while this song is playing." I mumble as our lips brush against each other.

I knew we were going to kiss just by the look in his eyes dripping with desire. By the way his gaze remained on my lips like my lips were the sweetness for his craving. By the way his heart rapidly vibrates against my chest to the point a race car driver would be jealous of it. By the way his lips wait for approval from mine like the wind waiting to be pushed through a door into a house.

Intense ambition and devotion spiraled around our bodies, tying them together to form a perfect match for our lips, almost forcing our mouths to intertwine together.

Just one more movement from either one of us, just one more.

Beau's breathing hitches, "I guess we have to turn that imagination into reality." I take one last look into his dilated green eyes before I flutter my eyes close. Butterflies overwhelmed my stomach as Beau's nose brushes against mine as he peers in, but stops when a loud knock on the door. My heart leaps as Beau and I jump into position.

"Hey, can you lower your music down? I'm trying to write something down and your music isn't helping, Beau." Beau's friend, Zion, says. I let out a chuckle and rest my head on Beau's shoulder. My breathing was controlled so my heart could stop rapidly beating against my chest.

"I'm going to kill him." Beau whispers, pressing his chin on top of my head. We stood there for a couple of minutes before he removes his arms around my mid-back, paces toward the vinyl player, and lifts the cartridge. I move towards his bed, turn my body, and sit on the edge  the bed. "I'm going to do something real quick."

"Please don't kill him." I joke, and the curl on my lips grows.

"I won't promise anything." He mumbles, exiting his room. And the next couple of seconds I hear arguing between the two. I lean back on the bed, imaging what would happen if Zion didn't interrupt us.

━━━━━━━━━━

sorry for the short chapter, but I finished the cruel prince and jude>>>>

also, sorry about that almost kiss (not actually sorry :p).

oh, and i hope the description of how they're dancing makes sense. Anyways love y'all and have a great night/day <3