thirteen | interruption

thirteen | INTERRUPTION
━━━━━━━━━━
B E A U M O N E T

"I like your rings." Indra tells me after our conversation drifts into silence. She lifts her eyes off the table, connecting her gaze with mine.

"Why?" I question, furrowing my eyes together. "They're just plain silver metal wrapped around my fingers."

"I don't know, I just love silver rings." She answers, signing to herself. One end of my lips arches up into a smirk, my eyes glinting down to my rings. I had different sizes of my rings, some thick and some thin, and two on each hand.

"What ring size are you?" I ask, not thinking thoroughly about my question.

"Whoa, Mr. Monet. Are you planning to marry me?" She jokes as I lift my eyes up to connect with her hazel ones. Her brown eyes with green flecks brighten due to the light in the coffee shop. Her cheeks turn into a dazzling poppy papaver flower, sending weird sensations tingling throughout my body.

"No-that's not what I meant-" I try to explain, but my words get stuck in my throat.

"I know, I'm just joking with you." She interprets my shuttering explanation. "And I don't know."

"Here let me see your hand." I command, reaching out for her hand. She complies, stretching her hand out. I slip one of my rings off my fingers before I collect her hand, softly. The rough fingertips of my fingers brush delicately against her skin, with our eyes still connecting with each other. The pounding of my heart was the only sound I could hear, while everything in the world disappeared. Those intense feelings from the hug we had yesterday sneaks back into my bones like ants slinking through a crack in the wall to get inside the warm house. I drift my gaze to her fingers, using my free hand to slip the ring onto her middle finger, which fits perfectly. I quickly let go of her hand, missing the feeling I had touching her hand. "You could have it."

"What?" Her eyelids blink rapidly, regaining consciousness.

"You could have it." I repeat, keeping my attention set on her and her reaction."I have many at my house, so I don't need it." My phone vibrates against my thigh, making me reach inside my jean pocket. My eyes remain on her as I press my phone to my ear, "Hello."

"Hey, I need your help with something." Zion rushes, to the other side of the phone.

"What do you need?" I ask, warily.

"This can't be discussed over the phone, Beau. This needs to be a face-to-face conversation." He rants, as Indra places her hands on her lap and lowers her head. "You have to come to the apartment right now."

"Right now?"

"Right now!" He confirms, before hanging up. I roll my eyes at his dramatic exit.

"What's wrong?" Indra's soft voice asks, drifting her head up to meet her hazel eyes with mine.

"Nothing. I just need to go help a friend out." I explain, digging my phone back into my pocket. A question pops up in my head, "Do you want to follow me?"

Indra's face slightly lights up, "Do you want me to?"

I raise an eyebrow at her, a smirking forming on my face. "I mean, I asked. Didn't I?"

"I'll go." She replies simply to my question, standing up to her feet. The metal chair makes an annoying noise after. I repeat her action as we both collect the gray trash from our table and pace to the trash bin near the door. My hands grip the transparent door handle, pulling it open and allowing Indra to leave with me following behind.