seven | speed

seven | SPEED
━━━━━━━━━━
I N D R A F O R E S T

For the past two weeks, Beau and I have been meeting each other at our spot and talking for hours about random shit. We mostly talked about our top favorite songs and artists, sometimes we would argue about which song was better, but we would end up agreeing by the time he would leave for work.

Every day for the past two weeks, we both decided to meet at the lake around nine in the morning, since we're both free during those times.

Beau is a cool person to hang out with, he got some jokes, but not as funny as my jokes, obviously. I won't say we're friends, but we are two people who enjoy each other's company.

My eyes were immediately drawn to the crispy leaves above me, the curves hypnotizing me the most. The heated radiation from the two coffee cups burns off little bits of my insignificant skin. The brisk wind swipes through my body, recovering the burning touches from the coffees. The sounds of birds' chirps beckon the forest's hidden parts to come forward.

I brought a coffee for Beau. Well, I originally brought two for myself, but then I thought, "Maybe Beau would want one too," since I was already planning on going to the lake today.

I smile brightly, gazing up at the clear blue skies. Today felt like a good day, a great day. Maybe it's because I have someone who I could finally talk to or because I have coffee in my hand.

For as long as I can remember, My whole life has been a cycle. I wake up, go to work, buy a coffee, go to my favorite spot, then go back home, listen to some music, then go to sleep, and I'll have to repeat the same things all over again the next day. And every week of doing the same bullshit, I just wanted one thing, just one thing, to fill my life with excitement, but I never received it, even when I begged for it. I begged like a freaking dog, but still didn't receive anything, until now.

"Indra." A raspy voice whispers. My heart drops to the ground as I jump from where I was standing and turn around to see Beau. "Shit, Beau. Scared the crap out of me."

"I mean that was the point." He states the obvious, walking closer to me. His tall frame towers over me; the sides of his mouth curve into a smirk. His eyes drift down to the coffees in my hand, "Are you going to drink both of those?"

I roll my eyes, "No, one was supposed to be for you, but since you scared the shit out of me, you don't deserve it."

My eyes quickly scan his outfit, a thick, jet black hoodie concealing his ample muscles beneath it, faded black jeans accommodating his hips, and checkerboard Vans fitting every inch of his outfit.

"That's pretty petty." He grins, trailing his eyes down my body. His inhumanly bright green eyes met mine as small butterflies pours in my stomach.

"Well, I like being petty sometimes." I shrug. I turn on the heel of my shoe, strolling through the forest.

I hear loud footsteps follow behind me, "So, you're not going to give me the coffee." Beau's shoulders brushed against mine once he catches up to me. He reaches over to me and grabs the coffee in my hand closer to him.

"Hey!"

He raises an eyebrow, bringing the coffee to his lips. "What? It's not like you were going to drink it all." He mumbles against the coffee's lid and tilts his head back, taking a sip of the coffee.

I watch him as he swallows the hot liquid, "What if I told you I poisoned it, what would you do?"

"Looks like I'm going to still drink it, belle fille." He says, taking another sip of the liquid. | Beautiful girl |