sixteen | double date

sixteen | DOUBLE DATE
━━━━━━━━━━
I N D R A F O R E S T

My hands tremble and sweat because of nerves coursing through my veins. My legs are planted in front of Beau's apartment but won't move as if my feet were super glued to the ground. I can't seem to have the courage to knock on the door.

I gravitate my fist towards the white door, letting it hover over it.

You know what, fuck it.

I connect my hand to the door, regret washes through me. But all that regret fades into relief when Beau's friend, Zion, comes into view after the door opens.

"Hi, Indra, that's your name right?" He asks, and I nod with a smile. I quickly scan my eyes down his outfits. He had on black dress pants tight on his waist, a belt to tighten it more, a white dress shirt button all the way to the collarbone, a tie tight around his neck, and a dark blue blazer sharpening his shoulders. "Come in, Come in." I step into the lovely apartment, recognizing that everything looks the same as it did last week.

"Beau is changing at the moment, but you look very nice." Zion states, and I drift my head down to look at my appearance. The long, loose dress I wore had spaghetti straps in dark red and had a slit by the thigh and cinched by the waist. I wore white heels to accentuate everything. My hair falls elegantly on my shoulders, and my phone is in my hand just in case I have to call anyone.

"Thank you." I beam brightly at him, and he closes the door behind me. I complimented his outfit, and he thanked me.

"You know, I want to tell you a secret." He whispers, scooting closer to me. "Don't tell Beau I told you, but he really likes you, like really likes you. I could tell by the way he looks at his phone." I raise my eyebrows to show confusion, "Beau only texts you. He-"

Before he could finish his sentence, someone's phone starts to ring. Zion shoves his hand into his pocket and checks who's calling him. I watch as one of his lips curves into a smirk, my body still in shock at what Zion just admitted. "I need to take this." He presses the phone against his ear, "Beau, hurry the hell up."

In a flash, my eyes glance at the door planted in front of his room, waiting for him to come out. Zion's footsteps fade away as he enters his room. The door is pulled open, with Beau stepping out of the room. "I'm ready." He shouts, not acknowledging me yet. But when he does, his body goes still as though my features entrapped him. Each part of my body was scrutinized by his eyes like a book. The moment his emerald green eyes meet mine, heat surges through me. He saunters toward me, giving off an air of affectionate expression.

"You are beyond stunning." He whispers, towering his tall frame over mine. As my eyes travel through his outfit, I notice that he is wearing the same thing Zion is wearing, however, he doesn't have a tie around his neck and a black blazer accentuating his broad shoulders.

"You look handsome." My breath catches as I compliment him.

"She's here, She's here, She here." Zion chants, exiting his room. He paces past us to the door with a giant smile on his face. Faced with the door, I moved back slightly to see Zion's special someone.

Zion tugs the door open, and a beautiful woman with long black dark hair. Her rich dark skin shines under the bright light above us. My eyes travel all around her outfit, a middle-thigh, rose pink dress that fits all her curves, black heels to match the dress, and a white shrug jacket to make everything head to toe perfect.

"Hi." She beams brightly.

"Come in." Zion whispers, lightly grabbing her hand and luring her in. He closes the door behind her and turns to face us. "Beau and Indra, this is Nala. Nala, this is Beau and Indra."