eleven | hugs

eleven | HUGS
━━━━━━━━━━
B  E  A  U    M  O  N  E  T

"Shit, I'm soaked." Indra announces, walking in front of me. At the moment, we're pace towards her house. I didn't want her to walk only at night so I wanted to drop her off before I went to my house.

My fingers gravitate to my hair, combing through the wet tangles hairs. The wet sound caused by our feet rips through the silence of the street. The smell of rainwater filled my nostrils. I hum, shoving my hands into my jean pocket. ‌

There's a question I've wanted to ask her that ‌has‌ ‌been‌ ‌nagging‌ ‌at‌ ‌me‌‌ ‌‌since‌‌ ‌‌this‌‌ ‌‌morning.

I shouldn't ask her.

But I want to know.

No, I shouldn't ask.

Fuck it, I'm going to ask her. "Are you seeing or dating anyone?" I blurt out. There was silence after I asked my question, only the sound of our footsteps was heard.

Shit.

Shit, Shit, Shit.

"No." She answers, and a hint of relief strikes my heart. "Why'd you ask?"

"I was just wondering." I lie, puckering my lips to hide my smile. "Let me see your phone."

"Why."

I remove one of my hands from my pocket and let my hand out, waiting for her to pass her phone to me. "Because I want to add my number to your phone."

Indra rolls her eyes, digging her hands into her back pocket and grabbing her phone. "Here." She places her phone in the palm of my hand.

Good, it's already unlocked.

I scroll through her phone to find the contacts icon and press on it once I do find it. I quickly add my number, then raise the camera above my head to take a picture of me. I lift my hand to my head and form a peace sign with it, with a smile. I add the photo to my contact photo and send a text to myself to make sure I had her number. I pass her phone back to her, shooting her a smirk. "You're welcome."

I hear her movement stop, "This is my apartment." ‌I‌ ‌pause and turn to look at ‌her. ‌Looking past her small frame, I see a concrete building with brown titles plastered against the walls, many windows covering the brick walls, a tall conservatory plant on small ‌gray‌ ‌stairs, and an enormous street lamp illuminating through the darkness which Indra and I were under, not wanting someone to be engulfed by the dimness of the world.

I focus my attention on the beautiful woman in front of me. Her hazel eyes are illuminated in the bright light that shines on top of us. Just one glance at her green flecked brown eyes has me enthralled, enthralled by her beauty. Her wet light brown hair was all tangled up under the‌ ‌beanie‌ ‌she‌ ‌was‌ ‌wearing. My eyes travel down to her pink plump lips, wanting to kiss them more than I wanted anything.

Everything about her was inexplicably beautiful. It is beyond my comprehension how such a human being can be so sublime that my eyes would simply burn if I were to gaze at her for just a few seconds. Hazel eyes couldn't even escape my mind's eye. Those contours of her plump, pink lips that I trace in my mind over and over again. Skin that looks as soft as wet sand, and I'll simply be the kid that continues to feel it with no shame.

Gosh, what is she doing to me?

"I guess I have to leave you alone." I sigh, sliding my other fingers out of my jeans pocket and running them through my dark fluffy hair. ‌