twenty-four | birthday

twenty-four | BIRTHDAY
━━━━━━━━━━
I  N  D  R  A    F  O  R  E  S  T

Happy birthday x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

happy birthday, chéri

Three texts send through my phone. One from Elosie, one from Zion, and one from Beau. None from my mother and brother. I slightly smile at the text messages and reply thank you to all of them.

I'm supposed to be happy today, to throw a huge party with friends, to have a delicious birthday cake in my fridge, and maybe even planning to get drunk later tonight, but I'm not. Birthdays are just reminders that you're getting older and not doing anything with your life, it feels almost as if I'm wasting time with my time on this earth.

I could be traveling around the world, probably living my best life, but I'm not. And I can't blame anyone except myself, because I'm not pushing myself to live this one life we are given. I'm wasting it, and I just wish I could donate my life and give it to someone who actually enjoys it.

The ring on my door stops me from brushing my hair and my train of thought. I walk towards the door and open it, and no surprise it's Beau. He has multiple roses wrapped around with tissue paper, with an envelope tucked between the roses, covering his face.

His face pops out of the side, smiling, "Hi."

"Hi." I smile back, grabbing his arm and pulling him inside. Once I got a close look at the flowers, they are handmade paper flowers. I remember mentioning to him that I rather have handmade flowers than real flowers because they don't last long, well for me.

"For you, birthday girl." He smirks, passing me the flower bouquet. My cheeks heat up as I admire the flowers and grab the note tucked in them.

Before opening the note, the small amounts of words distract me:

Spring comes along,
flowers bloom.
And in all of its beauty,
all my eyes could do
is just recognize you.

There is nothing but my heart beating against my chest, after reading, as if it were a drum set inside my chest. I glance up at his face and a soft, nervous smile stretches on his face. I take a deep breath before opening and reading the rest:

Happy birthday, Indra. I know birthdays aren't your thing, but how could I not get you something? If you thought I wasn't, you're a fool.

I have a question for you, a simple one, what would the sun be without the sun? Think about it for a second before I write my answer.

Okay, times up. The world would be nothing without the sun. The plants will die from thirst for sunlight. Animals would die from the unbearable hungry etched in their stomachs. Humans would morph away from the earth without food to eat. The world would be nothing but a forgotten shadow without the sun.

Just like me without you.

The wonderful feeling you cause within me will die just like the plants will without their sunshine. Soon, every part of my body will be thirsty for a simple touch from you, a simple kiss from you, a simple laugh from you. If I give you a reason to leave, you will undo me slowly like what the earth will do when the sun is not embracing it.

So, believe me, when I say this, I'll never leave you. What kind of idiot will leave the best thing that happens to him? Probably because they are scared to feel broken in the end, but I can't judge them.

But, the question is, isn't it better to risk that to experience the beautiful feeling of connecting with someone, emotionally? I get why some people would want to not risk the soul-crushing heartbreak at the end of a relationship when someone leaves them, but it's better to risk it than not try at all.

Life is all about risks, and I'm ready to risk my own heartbreak to just spend any time you are willing to give me.

I'm willing to risk everything just to have you near me,

Just to breathe the same air as me,

To hear you laugh over and over again.

Heartbreak is simply the smallest thing in the world, compared to the feeling etched in my heart because of you.

Every moment we spend together, I don't check the clock, I just wish that time would go slower. Slower to the point it is just you and me, in our own comfort, learning more about each other every single second. And each time we spend together, I capture every moment, every smile, every laugh, every kiss, every little and big thing you do with just my eyes, as a camera does with every subject it sees.

I know this is a short note, but if you want more letters, just tell me.

I'll do anything for you.

        -beau monet

"It's not really the best," He whispers. "It's pretty short and-"

Before he could utter another word, I place the note on the nightstand, rush up to him, and kiss him as my hands instantly wrap around his neck. He tenses up a bit but embraces the kiss like it was some type of relief, that my lips brought him out of suffering. I don't think kissing him will ever get tiring, not at all. It just feels better than the first time. My heart beating ten times faster, his touch on my clothed waist feels exotic and addicting even when not doing anything sexual, and, gosh, his lips are softer, so much softer.

"The letter was amazing, Beau," I whisper against his lips after I pulled my lips away from his. "One of the best things I ever received from someone," I peck his lips.

"You sure?" Beau asks, and I nod my head. "Because I could make an even better one for you."

I rolled my eyes, before smashing my lips against his. My stomach filled with butterflies when he breaks the kiss when smiling and smashes his lips onto mines again. Our bodies flushed together as our fasten heartbeats aligned together. Beau's fingers travel all over my upper body, his touch intensifying the heat of my skin. His hands slide down to my thighs, breaking the kiss, and lifts me, wrapping my legs around his waist.

Some people were right about having someone to connect with, emotionally, everything is just generally better. It just feels like the melody at the end of an amazing song.

That's what I think soulmates are. The missing a note of making a song perfect. And, of course, I'm not sure that we're soulmates, but, he is the missing note in my life that makes my life worthwhile.

He moves our bodies to the bed and places me gently on the bed, never leaving our lips, his hands instantly planting on either side of my head. The smacking of our lips filled the silence of the room. And we continue the night, doing unholy things.

The next morning I woke up with my naked body cuddling up next to Beau. Flashes of last night continue to play throughout my mind.

SIKEEEE

nah, i rlly hope i actually pranked y'all.

and if i did, y'all rlly thought i wasnt going to add smut into this book.

there's def going to be smut in the next chapter and it won't be hella late update like the last couple of ones :)

anyways hope you love this chapter and have a wonderful day/night

<3