three | hazel eyes

three | HAZEL EYES
━━━━━━━━━━
B E A U M O N E T

Life is so boring if you have nothing to look up to. For as long as I could remember, I've never been excited to do anything in my life.

When I was younger, I tried to find things that made me happy, but that's hard to do when your soul is swimming in a pit of nothingness. Maybe little things like taking pictures of a butterfly on a flower with my polaroid camera give me a little happiness, but I wanted it to last for an eternity. I wanted permanent happiness, the one where I could wake up one day and automatically feel joy in my heart.

Haven't experienced it yet, looks like I'm going to have to wait a little bit more.

The shadows of the large trees block the sunlight from hitting directly on my face as I continue walking down a familiar trail. I bring the cigarette in between my fore and middle finger to my lips, sucking in my cheeks, taking a long drag. I exhale the puff of smoke in my mouth, out into the air, and watch the puff of smoke dissolve into the clear air. My phone starts to vibrate, and I slide my hand inside my front pocket and grab it, pressing it against my ear.

"What." I mumble, taking another long drag of the cigarette.

"Looks like someone isn't in a good mood." Zion laughs, "When is your mood never bad?"

Zion Anderson is a friend of mine that I've known for about six years.

Still don't know why he still decided to be friends with me for all these years, I'm such a pain in the ass.

Sometimes I straight out ignore him when I'm not in the mood, which is most of the time. Even though I've known him for a while now, I don't tell him anything personal about me. I don't want anybody to know anything personal about me, I don't want anybody to give me their pity. I just want to go through my day without anyone hanging out with me because they feel bad for me.

I sigh, "Do you need anything?" My eyes drift down to my feet, watching my shoes crush the orangish leaves surrounding the area. A memory flashes through my mind of my feet dangling off the edge of the dock bolted on a lake from last week. The lake was absolutely beautiful that I had to go see it.

"Yes, in fact, I do need you to do something for me." He stops. I hear small movements in the background. "I need you to get stuff from the grocery store. We moved here last week and we still don't have food in the fridge."

Zion and I lived in California before we moved to Boston. Zion was already planning on leaving California for Boston, but I decided to go with him because he is the only person I know in California that wants to be friends with me.

I was originally born in France but moved to California when I was sixteen with my father. My dad is American and my mother was French, from what my grandmother told me.

I shake my head lightly, "Send what you need me to buy." I tell him, bringing the cigarette to my lips and inhaling softly.

"Okay. Farewell, mon amie." He tries to pronounce "my friend" in french but ends up failing badly. Before I could say anything, he hung up the phone. I roll my eyes, sliding my phone back into my front pocket.

The scent of freshwater instantly permeate my nostrils, and a soft smile formed on my face but instantly unfold when I see a woman's back. Her shoulder-length hair rest on her back, earbuds in both of her ears, sitting crossed-legged on the dock.

"What the fuck." I shout, watching the woman look over her shoulder. Her eyes trail down my outfit, then meet mine. Her green flecked eyes surrounded by brown reminded me of the forest behind me and I couldn't help but remember her from the earlier vinyl shop I visited. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing here?" She pauses, removing the other earbud from her ear and placing it on her lap. "I'm here to look at the view."

I roll my eyes, I just wanted to be here by myself, but now I have to deal with this shit. "Juste un jour de paix, juste un jour je demande." Her eyebrows curve together, watching me groan. | just one day of peace, just one day I ask for |

"Are you just going to stand there or...?" She prolongs, waiting for me to do something. I roll my eyes, bringing the cigarette to my lips, dangling it on the corner of my mouth, sliding my hands into my pockets, and looking for my earphones.

I need peace and listening to music will help me with that. She just needs to stay in her lane. I quickly find my earphones and grab my phone, plugging the end of the wires into my phone. I remove the cigarette from my lips, throwing it on the dock and placing the heel of my shoe to smash it.

She turns her head forward, looking back at the wide lake as I walk to the edge of the lake.

I didn't walk all the way over here for someone to ruin the peace I wanted today.

I sit down, my legs dangling graciously over the edge of the dock, my feet hovering over the lake's shining surface. My fingers scroll through my phone, finding a playlist that fulfills my desire.

There was pure silence between us, not that I could hear her with the loud music sinking into my ear drums. I glimpse my side, observing the girl that sat next to me. Her head lightly bobbing with her earbuds in her ear, and a handful of chestnut hair tumbles on her shoulders. Her mouth formed a soft smile, and a small indent appeared on her cheek that grew deeper than the ocean. My eyes are immediately drawn to her dimpled smile and the whole world fades away. And then appears back when her head slightly turns towards me, and I quickly tilt my head forward, making sure she didn't catch me staring, but she definitely did.

Good one, Beau.

Silence still remains between us as we both watch the lake form small ripples on its surface. My music starts to play Void by The Neighbourhood.

I wonder how I got by this week, I only touched you once.

I lightly hum to the beats of the music.

"Are you listening to Void?" She whispers.

"Hm?" I question, removing one of my earbuds from my ear.

"Are you listening to Void by The Neighbourhood?" She repeats as I turn my head to look at her. I reply with a soft "yes", "It's one of my favorite songs." She states.

"Same." I simply say, rotating my head to watch the lake flow smoothly with the wind.

━━━━━━━━━━

just wanted to post a chapter today because I won't be able to on the weekends :/

anyways hope you like it, and have a nice day/night. <3