seventeen | seen

seventeen | SEEN
━━━━━━━━━━
B E A U M O N E T

The kiss I had with Indra last night was all I could think of this morning. I could almost feel the softness of her lips against mine as I lay in bed. Her touches still linger on my neck. I could almost feel her near every time I closed my eyes. My ears still tingle from the sounds she emitted. I never thought a kiss could have a better effect than music, but I was proven wrong yesterday. I was swept away into a new life, a life filled with joy, by her lips.

Gosh, I want to kiss her again.

I grab my phone next to me, and before I could open it, I stare at the picture Zion took last night, of me staring at the beautiful woman smiling brightly at my side. Her beauty never leaves my gaze. I still remembered my exact thoughts about every curve that highlighted her body.

Her mere appearance instantly made me melt like I was an iceberg.

I scroll for Indra's chats and send her a good morning text. A morning text I've always sent to her ever since I got her phone number.

I remove the covers off my body and throw my legs over the bed, landing on my feet on the ground. Time to get ready for the wonder of events I have coming for me today.

My feet crush the crispy leaves as I walk to the place I've fallen in love with. Shadows cast by branches with orange and green leaves obscure my view of the sun. The cold wind brushes against my delicate cheeks as my mind wanders to the message I sent Indra earlier today. She hasn't responded to it, but she usually does whenever I text.

Maybe she's just busy at the moment.

The scent of fresh water rushes into my nostrils, making my body know the lake is near. As I walked along the trail, the sound of leaves crunching filled the air. I spot a familiar figure, sitting at the edge of the dock, having their legs dangling off it. Indra.

"Indra." I shout, pacing down the dock. My footsteps echo throughout the lake as I approach her side. Her hair falls elegantly against her back, and a handful of loose strands stood out like she didn't want to fix it up. I sit next to her, my eyes studying everything in front of me. Her hands clench on her thigh like she's trying to force herself not to do something, her body slightly quivers, and her eyes clench like she wants to run away. From who? I wouldn't know. My thigh skims against hers as I scoot closer to her. "Hey." I call out, and she didn't answer. "Indra." I place a hand on her arm, watching her hands unclench.

She faces me, her puffy eyelids open wildly, and dry tears paint her face. "Beau, um, I didn't know you were here." She removes her earphones from her ear, dropping her attention down to her lap.

I lift my hand, reaching over to the hair dangling off her hair with slight hesitation. I tuck strands of her hair behind her ear, cupping her cheeks after. She gazes at me, leaning into my touch. "Everything okay?"

At that precise moment, she constructs an embankment between herself and me, protecting herself from me as if I were water ready to destroy everything in its path. "Yea, everything is okay."

"Are you sure?"

Three words slip from my mouth. Three words I wanted someone to ask me after I answered an are you okay question with an I'm fine. Three words I always wanted to hear more than the words I love you from my father, more than earth needs the sun, more than the creatures need the food system, more than fish needs the seawater, and more than someone needing the north star to find their way home. Three words I yearned for someone to ask for eternity because nobody wanted to ask me, not even my father. And I know, that asking someone those three words could make someone feel some type of way, and that's what I want her to feel.

Seen and Heard.

That she's just not alone.

She closes her eyes like she's trying to hold it all in like she's trying to lock her emotions in a box, but I'm here to grab the key, unlock that box so the pain won't eat her alive as it has done to me.

My legs crossed on the wooden dock, facing her. My heart clenches tightly together as a single tear falls down her cheek, her lips tightly pursed, striving not to cry in my presence.

My hands reach for the sides of her face, tracing both of her outer ears in soft delicate form, then reaching out to trace the outline of her jawline with four fingers, and resting my thumb on her cheek. My thumb wipes off her tears, "It's okay not to be okay."

Indra rests her head on my shoulder, sobbing into my black hoodie. Her cries echo and echo so loud that someone from millions away could hear. She scoots her body close to me as I place my chin on her ruff hair, and whisper sweet things to her. I shift my hands through her hair, wishing I was a lion to shield her from any pain that she comes by with.

But that pain will remain in one's heart as long as oxygen remains in the atmosphere, nothing or no one can remove it.

My hands brush through her hands softly, trying to calm down her rapid breathing. She nuzzles her head into the nape of my neck, her wet tears soaking it.

"Sorry for being a sobbing mess." She whispers, her mouth brushing against my skin with each word she speaks.

"You don't have to apologize, Indra," I state. "Crying is a human activity everyone does and nobody, not even you, should apologize for doing it." I speak, hoping the words would imprint in her mind.

"How are you so fucking amazing." She mumbles, and I tried to ignore her statement and aim to utter something, but she spoke over me. "I'm going to go back home." She pulls her face off my neck, "Do you want to come too."

I nod my head to let her know I'm never going to leave, that I'm not going to leave her from the moment of distress that she is experiencing, and that I'm not going to leave her the way my father did.

We both stand up on our feet and amble our way out of the woods, grouped like a fish pack in the sea. The only difference is it's just Indra and me. Nobody else.

━━━━━━━━━━

finally posted a chapter :p

anyways hope u have a wonderful day/night and love you all <3