Chapter 34- Nightmares

Izuku sits in the couch of his home, squeezing a pillow into his chest.

He got home a little while ago with Seiko after taking down a couple of thugs, and ended up not being able to sleep.

So far, he believes he's on his 4th cup of coffee, trying to stay awake. He doesn't wanna sit through those nightmares again.

Izuku's POV. (Yeah, I know. I rarely do this.)

I sit on the couch, watching the bright screen as CoryxKenshin plays "Night of Consumers," for the 5th time in a row.

I've used almost everything to keep me awake. Walks, coffee, TV, eating. But at the same time, I'm tired, but I'm not. It's hard to explain.

It's like wanting to sleep, but something's keeping you awake, even if your already tired. I want to sleep, but the thought of having those nightmares again haunts the idea.

Izumi, that little prick, almost every single one is abo ur her and her little gang. I don't know why I'm still..what's the word?...oh, frightened by them. I'm a vigilante, I've lived in the woods alone before, I don't know why I'm such a wimp.

But either way, it's not just that, it's the day we're she suicide baited me. It plays on repeat almost every other week, and I guess this week is one of them.

I remeber the exact words she said that day, the exact words all might said to me that day, the same sludge Villian, the same ever-lasting pain. I cant just toss it over my shoulder and brush it off anymore.

She was my sister, and the only one I was ever-so willing to protect other than Seiko and maybe Kacchan.

I laugh, why do I still even call Katsuki 'Kacchan?' Jt was a stupid childhood name I bought was normal. I guess he never liked the sound of it.

The first day I called him that, he threatened to push me off the top of the slide so I'd break my arm, which in fact could've happened, but I kept calling him it anyways

I guess I really was some type of daredevil.

But hear some creeks coming from the top of the stairs, and check the time.
'5:30'

It's the same time  Embry wakes up to start UA. It's been started for about a week or two? I cant keep track anymore.

She walks down the steps, dressed in her tiredly, dressed it her nicely ironed UA outfit.

I hate to admit It, but UA has some of the worse choice in colors. Gray, red, and a Army green? The color combo isn't the greatest.

"Blaze? Why are you awake?"

"Oh..I- I don't know,". I really need to work on that stuttering when lying thing. Not he greatest thing ever. 

"You stutter when you lie. I think everyone knows that's expect for Cozbi. Your so ever obvious y'know,"

I sigh. I already know Embry can read me like a hook. So why even try? Either way, here it goes..

Embry's POV

"You stutter when you lie. I think everyone knows that expect for Cozbi. Your so ever obvious y'know," I say, and scoff.

I know he's hiding something. And he already looks defeated, ready to spill whatever It was. I know Kt may seem a little pushy, but I want to help him.

He should know by now that he can come to me at any point of time. It's clear that he hasn't slept, his already apparent eyebags becoming even more deeper.

His hair looks more shaggy, and he looks anxious over something.

He cuts off my train of though when he starts talking again, "Jt was just a couple nightmares..I still got sleep though. So don't give me that face," he shifts his gaze away from me.

"Blaze..do you wanna talk about it?" I gab his arm and sit him down on the couch. He relaxes a little.

"I.."

"It's okay if you don't wanna share," I say, letting off some sympathy but not enough for It to be thought of as pity. For however long I've known him, I know he hates when people pity him.

He believes he hasn't 'Had the worst of it' and is why people shouldn't pity him but the ones who have. I think it's stupid, but I'll respect it anyways.

"Uhm..my 8th grade year, the day before my birthday and the last day of school, My sister, and her friends..ganged up on me again.."

"She taunted me, for mg stupid dream of being a hero. And she found my notebook. I think it was #13 or #14..she got my friend, Kacchan, to burn it, then they threw it out the window. Shoto did nothing. and neither did Kanami

"That same day, I was told by my past idol that I couldn't be a hero. Because of my quirk, him and everyone else thought jt was villainous, they always thought I'd be a villain in the future. They never believed me." I hug him tighter, tears pricking at my eyes.

I can hear Seiko and Cozbi on there way down, which is good. Seiko knows better on how to comfort him than i do.

"I'm so sorry, Blaze. I've never been the best comforter, but what I can say is that what happened to you isn't right. And your quirk isn't villainous," and at those words, tears start pouring down Izuku's eyes

Seiko comes running down the stairs immediately when he hears the crying, and I stand up, before grabbing Cozbi and rushing out the door.

I know Izuku wouldn't want Cozbi to see him like that. And I wouldn't want Izuku to also have a full out panic attack because someone else saw him at that state.

He's already feeling bad, so I won't make it worse.

3rd person POV

"Blaze? What's wrong?!" Seiko nearly shouts, and runs over to his side. Izuku almsot immediately clung onto him

"I-I don't know why b-but I-I told Embry a-about those nightmares I used to have..they were back tonight and she-" he cuts himself off and starts crying heavily against his shoulder

"Blaze, I don't know how many times I will continue to tell you, but your quirk is not in any way villainous. Anyone's quirk can be villainous or used for bad, and with your quirk, you could help people too. I just wish you wouldn't hide it," Seiko mumbles that last part, but due to Izuku's past habit of stuttering, he heard every word.

He continues to cry onto Seiko's shoulder, but this time a little more lighter and less tense than he was earlier.

With the amount he cries, he slowly drifts off, still holding onto the arm of Seiko. Seiko keeps circling his back until he hears the light snores of his best friend.

He sighs, and sets izuku on the couch gently, careful not to wake him up .

"Maybe that will get Blaze to use his quirk more often..and maybe, when we find stain, he can benefit us both because he uses his quirk now.." Seiko smiles at the thought of Jt

"But now, that Blaze is back on track, we have to continue a search for stain. In..Hosu," Seiko quietly groans, before trailing back up to his room.

———————————————————————————
Word count: 1234

Pretty cool number huh? 1 2 3 4? But anyways, a little while ago I watched turning red, Super good movie.

But anyways, have a good rest of your day!