Ch 57

Later, on top of a rooftop in New York

Abby is using binoculars to look at an apartment across from the building they were on. kate is just sitting next to her bored out of her mind

Kate: "soo, what are we doing?"

Abby: "something important is in that apartment, i-"

Kate: "we"

Abby: "we need to retrieve it. No light, no movement... this is our chance"

Kate: "this would have been easier if we were on a higher rooftop"

Abby: "We are fine here, I've been an assassin for most of my life. I know what I'm doing"

Kate: "But it's the worst building to be on"

Abby: "lesson one on stealth missions, quick exit is always better than a quick entrance. When things go sideways, you have an exit strategy. That's why I chose this spot. It has a good escape and I have a great view of the building. I an be in within 3 minutes. snd out in 1 minute. You stay out here and keep watch. If anything happens, give me a signal so I can get out. S- you've got to be fucking kidding me"

Kate is nowhere to be seen. Abby looks at the ground and sees footprints in the snow. she then hears honking from down below. Abby looks down and sees Kate walking across the street

Abby: "What the hell are you doing kate!"

She yells into the comms

Abby: "you are supposed to be keeping watch!"

Kate: "yeah but out of the two of us, who do you trust up there not to get distracted"

Abby: "kate, turn back around and get your ass back up on the roof of this building"

Kate: "not going to happen, I'm heading in"

Abby: "Kate, don't you dare"

Kate: "Too late. Good evening sir, can I help you with your bags"

??: "oh. Thank you"

Abby: "What are you- no -no-no-no. don't kate. Don't engage...kate! она будет моим концом (she's going to be the end of me)"

Abby looks through her binoculars and doesn't see Kate anymore

Abby: "Kate, where are you?"

Kate: "Oh relax, I'm taking the elevator"

Abby: "I should have stayed how with wands"

??: "I'm sorry what was that?"

Kate: "Oh, I, uh... I'm sorry, I wasn't talking to you... can I tell you a secret? I was talking to an avenger"

Abby: "Bishop, shut the hell up"

Abby continues to listen to kate

Kate: "what do you do about this bow problem, oh right. You have a crossbow. What do you do with it since that's also bulky"

Abby: "collapsible crossbow, looks like a baton of something that can be taken anywhere"

Kate: "Okay, I'm at the door"

Abby looks at the apartment from her binoculars, seeing all the lights are still out

Abby: "good to head in"

Kate picks the lock and slowly opens the door. She turns on a flashlight that is attached to her bow and walks in, shutting the door behind her. She looks around the living room, making sure no one is around