Ch 72

An hour later

Bucky: "hey kiddo"

Abby: "hey dad"

They both hug

Bucky: "how are you doing?"

Abby; "I had 3 breakdowns on the quinjet throughout the hour ride, woke up to the nightmares of mom letting go of my hand..I'm not doing fine"

Bucky: "what did Wanda say about all of this?"

Abby: "she's worried about me. She helped with the nightmare but she can only do so much"

Bucky: "does Jessie know about all of this?"

Abby shakes her head

Abby: "not yet. It's too early to tell her about all this. I don't want her to know about all of this yet"

Abby's eyes start to water

Abby: "i-i can't do this. I-"

More tears start running down Abby's face and Bucky hugs her close

Bucky: "shhh it's okay, let it out"

After settling down

Bucky: "come on, let's head out before it gets too late"

Abby nods and they both board the quinjet

Abby sits in the co-pilot seat while bucky sits in the pilot seat

They talk off and are in the air

Bucky: "so, how is the kid?"

Abby: "Jessie?"

Bucky nods

Abby: "she's good. Still trying to get used to some stuff but, she is good"

Bucky: "I want to meet her soon if that's okay"

Abby: "she's been wanting to meet you as well but it's just really busy back at home"

Bucky: "how is Wanda?"

Abby: "she's doing great, she really loves having Jessie around. We both do..."

Buky: "what's wrong?"

Abby: "nothing, just that mom would have loved Jessie. They both match each others personalities really well"

She sighs

Abby: "I really miss her"

Bucky: "so do I"

He places his flesh hand on Abby's shoulder and gently squeezes it

Bucky: "she would be s proud of you right now"

Abby: "why?"

Bucky: "because you've done so much since she passed away"

Abby: "how so?"

Bucky: "you took a crazy teen under your wing and taught her what you do and she took over as Shadow. Look at how much she's done in the past year since you handed her the role of being Shadow. That took a lot of work and time. I'm really proud of you, Wanda is really proud of you, and your mom would be really proud of you. Also, you and Wanda adopted a kid and gave her a great life. I look at all the photos and videos you've been sending me. Both you and Wanda look so happy around her and she looks really happy around you both as well"

Abby smiles

They both continue to talk while Bucky pilots the jet

Abby: "so what have you been up to dad?"

Bucky: "since teh battle two years ago, I was helping tony rebuild the compound. we are still getting missions so that's what I've been doing. Nothing else really"

Abby: "if you are free next week, would you want to come over and visit. It would be nice"

Bucky: "I would like that. Have you talked to Yelena recently"

Abby: "Yeah, we talked on the phone yesterday. She's coming over tomorrow to meet Jessie"

Bucky: "what about Carol?"

Abby: "we talk but she's somewhere around the universe fighting people"

Bucky chuckles

Bucky: "sounds like her"

An hour later, they arrive in Ohio

They land in a field a couple of miles away from the cemetery

Bucky: "what are you feeling today? Motorcycle or jeep?"

Abby: "what kind of question is that? Motorcycle"

Bucky chuckles

Bucky: "and a daredevil just like your mom"

Abby laughs and playfully punches her dad's arm

Bucky walks over to his motorcycle and pulls the tarp off

Abby: "you've upgraded it since the last time I've seen you"

Bucky: "yeah, Stark taught me some stuff to improve it"

Abby: "nice. I really need to get a new one, just haven't had the time to go out to the city and look at them"

Bucky: "well, I have a surprise for you. I've been meaning to give it to you these past couple of months but I've been pulled for missions all the time so I haven't had the time"

He walks over to something covered by a tarp

Bucky pulls the tarp off and it reveals another motorcycle

Bucky: "happy really really really early birthday"

Abby covers her mouth with her right hand in shock

Abby: "t-this is mom's motorcycle"

Bucky: "I was clearing out one f the Avengers' warehouses with Stark and a couple of others, I found it and after talking with them and Yelena, we all decided you should have it"

Abby: "w-why me?"

Bucky: "it's better that you have it, it's nice to have something that your mom had and she loved so much. At one point, she loved this thing more than me"

Abby laughs

Abby: "sounds like her. Thank you dad"

She hugs bucky

Bucky: "it's no problem kiddo"

Abby: "я люблю тебя, папа(i love you, dad)"

Buky: "я тоже тебя люблю детка (i love you too kiddo)"

They separate from the hug

Bucky: "come on, let's head out"

Abby: "actually dad, let's take the jeep. I don't want to damage mom's motorcycle"

Bucky: "okay, let's head out then"