Chapter One - The Orb

I suddenly appeared again the deep Forest, the green giant trees, yellow sky, the screams, and burning bushes were now a familiar sight.

"Stop! Wait!". I screamed as the man was running towards his enemies but he didn't listen and was too fast for me to catch up with.
He really seemed to think he was running in the right direction but that was not the case.
I really wanted to warm him and ran like my life depended on it. The sudden urge to protect him overshadowed every other thought at the moment.

He suddenly came to a halt, causing me to do the same and bowed his head before looking back into my eyes. His expression filled with pain, his eyes of tears and his hands extended to me. A sight that broke my heart every time.
Once again, I didn't see whatever he was giving to me.
"Protect the Orb". He said and not more than 10 seconds later, he was suddenly engulfed in flames.

~=•=~
I'm not exaggerating when I say I have had this dream not less than a hundred times. I can't seem to understand it no matter how much I contemplate about it.
However, what makes me curious the most is whatever orb the man is talking about.
He always gives me an empty palm and tells me to keep the orb, it must be an invisible orb I guess. I thought to myself as I shrugged off every thought relating to that dream as it does nothing but give me a headache.

It's a new day. The chirping of the birds and the crow of the cocks were indication that it was morning again. I'm not suicidal but sometimes I just don't want to wake up.
First of all, I'm a 'good for nothing', according to the whole tribe and I can't even argue with them because indeed I am. I can't fight, can't use a bow, can prepare only one dish, can't run too fast. I have nothing but beauty.
Unfortunately for me, beauty is something that my tribe is famous for, to the extent that people come from far and wide just to either see or marry one of us.

"Another day to put up with these people". I sighed as I saw Dahlia, my greatest bully, well more like enemy. I don't get why she tries so hard to be mean to me. I get it, I'm useless but it doesn't affect her in any way, so why can't she leave 'useless' me alone?
To be fair, I'm a bit jealous of her. She's pretty, a warrior, the best dancer in the tribe, has the longest hair and is loved and cherished by everyone while I had the boring brown hair, can't properly throw a stone, can't dance to save my life, trips on air and is hated or ignored by everyone.

"She's just an angry kid, ignore her". My mom says after looking at the direction my gaze was set at.
She would never understand because she's not in my shoes. Everyday I have to endure a lot of physical and emotional pain.
I would love to ignore them but I can't, not when they're always in my face and business.

"I will". I replied as there was no point in trying to make her see things from my point of view. I know that deep down she's also disappointed cause to be very honest, I am very disappointed with my inability to fight for myself. All I have is my mouth.

All of a sudden, the town bell was rung. Oh no, I truly hate gatherings, especially when I'm gathering with hundreds of people that despise me. They say I make them look 'weak', which is true.
I and my mom, hurriedly walk/run towards the town square as the bell had summoned.
Immediately we got to the square, where not just us we're gathered, the elders began to walk out in a straight line with their hands at the back, the Chief Elder, Elder Safah began.

"Good day my people". He greeted and we replied in unison.

"Good day Chief". We greeted back like we had rehearsed the words a million times.

"We have gathered you all today to let you know that the Terahj Festival will be in 14 days, and you should put your house in order". This had everyone murmuring like they didn't know before. The Terahj festival was one that that happened once in a every hundred years, where the elders and the earth would pick a person who currently had the most potent dragon blood in them to be part of the elders or rule as the sole monarch.

Everyone including the elders believed that the day of the Terahj festival is the day the prophecy will be fulfilled, and excitement is an understatement compared to what the whole town is feeling.
I don't know much about the prophecy as the elders never really told us in full detail but at least we know that a youngster would lead the three realms and become the bearer of the Dahj Orb.

I heard from Elder Safah, that orb is the symbol of command, and anyone who bears it shall have power over the three realms. However, if an unworthy person touches the orb, that person will die on the spot.

It is also known by everyone that the orb is being sought by the royals and creatures of the three realms. They know the consequences but won't stop until they find it. It's a miracle that my tribe hasn't been searched through as it is the most probable place to find the Dahj Orb.

Well, maybe they're scared to start a war with us as everyone is a warrior and are of royal dragon blood.

I've never understood the prophecy because how can a youngster rule when even the previous king must be at least a hundred years to be considered. I thought as I rolled my eyes, only to find Elder Safah looking right at me slightly shaking his head, making me blush from the embarrassment.

"Of all times, he just had to see me when I rolled my eyes, what a beautiful luck I have". I thought to myself as I hid behind the body of the slightly taller man in front of me.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
"Aliyah, come here". Elder Safah called as I ran towards him still shy about yesterday when he caught me rolling my eyes.

"Yes, Elder". I answered as I got closer to him, playing with the ends of my hair, as he remained silent.

"I hope you will be coming to the Terahj festival. I know you're planning to sit this one out, but don't. Everyone must be there. You never know who the Dahja will be". He said looking at looking into my eyes, making me look down as eye contact on a normal day makes me nervous.
I really thought he was going to scold me about yesterday.

'Well, that was kinda intense'   I thought as I walked away pondering on what he just said but I'm excited! The Terahj festival means food lots and lots of food, the party, and all the events leading to the festival. Oh, I can't wait.
However, the only thing scaring me is the fact that the royal family of the other two kingdoms will be here. Just thinking about it gives me chills. I can't imagine all the sheer power they will emit.

The two families have always been enemies. At the mere sight of each other, a war could break out. I'm really not exaggerating here.
For centuries, they have never agreed. There have been countless stories about wars that began because of petty issues between them (the Valodor royals (vampires) and the Crescent royals (werewolf)).

I can't help but fear what will happen when they live in a place together.

I hope, I truly I don't have to go anywhere near them.

~=•=~
Hello everyone, thank you for choosing to read this book.
If you love paranormal stories, please fasten your seatbelts as I'll be taking you all on a beautiful journey.

I really don't like bullies though, cause why make someone's life hard? I don't get it

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.

~Weekly updates~