Chapter 10 - The war

The rush I felt yesterday after the wolf prince offered to help, was overwhelming. I felt so happy and relaxed.

You may say 'nothing special happened'. However, just talking to him felt special and I felt contented for whatever reason.
The good feeling made me feel like everything was going to fine soon.

Like an assurance.

Who would've thought that it would turn out to be the opposite?
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

I had that dream again. However, this time, I caught up to the man running and although I could not quite picture his face, he told me in panic.
"RUN!".

"HIDE!"

"They are coming. You need to leave now, wake up!!!". He yelled thunderously like he was scared and angry at the same time, and it felt like he had the voice of at least 10 people. The shock and fear waking me up immediately, my heart beating still beating fast.
I wanted to ask the man why he was panicking and who was coming?

What did I do for anyone to come after me? I thought as I woke up only to smell fire.

It smelt like something was burning, and by something, I mean something big.
Then I heard noises, it sounded like the screams of a thousand people going to war. I could hear the hoofs of horses hitting the ground, the sound of feet running on the ground, and metal clanging.

Is there a war? I thought to myself and although it sounded so close, it also sounded far at the same time.

In panic, I Immediately ran to my window to see what was going on, but I only saw a house burning with its occupants and some people trying to put out the fire.
It looked like someone left a stove on according to their conversation but I could still hear it.

'What I'm hearing is different'. I spoke to myself still hearing the screams that according to me, is nothing short of a war cry. So I screamed to get the attention of everyone outside.

"Ring the bell!!!". I yelled on top of my lungs, but the people gave a confused look between each other for a second when one of them decided to obey and ran towards the town square. My head swoll with fear when Draco uttered.

'They are here to kill you and take the dragon, we need to leave now!'. Hearing the urgency in Draco's voice did nothing but add to my panic because he is always calm, even in unnerving situations.
It means something very bad is about to happen.

"Mom!". I screamed running towards her room, the floor quaking beneath my feet as my weight shook our old wooden house.
I found my mom slowly waking up, and rubbing her eyes.

"Why did you scream? It's still so early in the morning". She slowly uttered, the sleep evident in her voice as it croaked when she spoke. However, it seemed like I didn't know the right words to convey the danger I felt.

So I said nothing but "We need to leave mom. T-they are coming". I myself was not sure of what or who was/were coming but I knew it was for a bad reason and that was enough.

I began to pack a few necessities, tripping and spilling things as I tried to hurry. More panic filling my chest as it felt like I was not being fast enough.
I picked a few clothes, undergarments and some food supplies.

"Let's go". I said as I held my mom by her hand, running with her through the door and after running for just a few minutes, I stopped.

They are coming for me.

If they get here, they will hurt anyone and everyone in their path, just to get to me, and here I am running away.

Endangering the lives of everyone by being selfish, so I turned to my mom and tell her to go.