Chapter 14 - Hope

I slowly became immune to the pain of torture over time. All the skin covering my body was battered to the point where I couldn't look at it as it disgusted me myself.

'No one should ever see me this way, it's better if I die'. These were the only thoughts in my head. However, even death was a luxury for me right now, as that disgusting thing, Lord Ronan had gotten rid of anything that could cause me harm. 
He couldn't let go of the pleasure of seeing me suffer, and prefers to torture me to death enjoying it slowly.

I didn't realize till now that one could hate another being this much, because the hatred I have for this man cannot be explained with words but I'll show it through my actions.
He thinks he broke me to the point that I will give up on everything.

Well, he did... but he didn't break me enough to give up killing him slowly and painfully.
I have promised myself at least that.

Just when my eyes were about to give in to fatigue, my ears picked up a sound. It was very far away but I could hear it. It sounded like horses, and a lot of them.
I believe it's due to the torture but my powers are now very stronger than before and I could use them at will although my body is giving up on me.
However, as good as that felt, I was still hopeless because that Lord had never sent any guard to torture me, he had always done it himself and even a fool would know that I can't fight him and win right now. Not when my body was this weak.
Death would have consumed me a long time ago if I was just ordinary, that much I knew.

Hope bloomed in my chest at the sound of those horses. I know hope is a very dangerous thing but for a millisecond,
I wanted to live

I wanted to survive and escape this torture, but I knew very well that no one was coming for me.

'Who would want to save me?'. I thought to myself, and finally decided after a few minutes that it was impossible as there is no one who will be willing to do that except my mom, but she may not even know that I'm missing and even if she does, she has no power.
The little candle of hope that bloomed in my chest went off as I realized that I was going to die here.

I can't last another months being tortured every day.

I hadn't even had an hour to myself when I heard shoes again. A sigh escaped my mouth as I knew very well who those footsteps belonged to.

Yeah, it's him

Lord Ronan.

I won't lie that fear didn't envelop me every time I heard or saw him but the hatred overpowered it every single time.

"Hello little commander". He says in a very sweet tone, the tone that sickens me day and night.
How can someone be like this?
I can't even describe him as two faced because he had a lot of faces, all of which I despise.

Opening the gate of the stinking cell I had been held in for months, he continued...
"I would like to say I am very disappointed but also very impressed". He smiles, touching my head like I was a pet, affectionately but I knew better than that.
I said nothing to reply him, but then that wasn't new. I haven't spoken for weeks no matter the torture.
"Which one would you like me to say first? The disappointment or why I am impressed?". He asked, rhetorically because he didn't even wait for me to answer.
Not that I would anyway.

"I'll start with why I'm impressed". He says, walking slowly to me and circling me in a manner that made me feel uncomfortable but then I was used to discomfort. So much that comfort would be foreign to me now.
"I can't imagine how this little body of yours could withstand all my tortures and still stand. For that, I am greatly impressed". He said bringing his face close to me and it felt like he would kiss me any minute if I don't move away, so I did.
My action causing him to laugh out loud, so much that you would think someone actually cracked a joke.