Chapter 25 - The Accident

Aliyah's P.O.V

I didn't like how I  acted towards him and the expression on his face so I couldn't just leave like that.
I had contemplated turning back many times before we drove off but my anger was still very fresh so I didn't but right now, I put myself in his shoes and realized that if it was me, I would be very upset that he didn't talk to me at all.

I wanted to just make it alright before I left as communication was very important to me.

"Please stop the car". I told the guy driving, who was one of Makaiah's friends. He took his time before stopping probably to stop at a place suitable for parking.
As I was about to get out, I was stopped by Makaiah who asked where I was going, with a little knowing smile on her face.
She already knew where I wanted to go but was just asking, so I told her.

"I'm going to your brother. He looked sad when I left and I don't like seeing him that way so I'm going back to clear this he up between us so that we can have fun fully without my mind divided". I said to her still in the car.
She nodded in response and immediately we all drove back, chatting and all happy.

Once we got to the pack house, I told them to wait for me, that I would be back in a few minutes.
Their answer was honking the car as I had already even ran too far to hear them... or so they thought.
They were humans. Only I and Makaiah were different.

I ran into the house, with my mood very uplifted. I was in the mood to play and hangout with Makaiah and her friends, and also just thinking about our reconciliation made my heart giddy as I tried my best not to think of Cara.

On getting to the hallway before his office I began to hear voices. The first voice I heard,sounded like a woman's, and then I heard his.
As much as I didn't want to eavesdrop, I found myself doing so as soon as I realized that the woman there was Cara.

It was looking like a heated argument from what I heard so I continued to listen, curious to know what exactly is the problem.

"You heard me". The princess voice spoke in a low and very angry tone. He didn't yell this out but I could feel his anger from outside the door.
"How dare you!". He did again, this time his voice took a higher octave and followed a growl, which signifies that his wolf was showing too and this could get messy. Just from the tone of his voice, I was scared because he sounded dangerous and on the edge so I stood up from my crouched position behind the door to intervene so that he wouldn't attack or kill her.

I hadn't even fully opened the door when I heard what I really shouldn't have heard.

"Just because we had sex one time, doesn't mean...". The prince was saying but stopped when he sensed me, I'm sure.
I didn't know what to do or how to react because over every emotion right now was anger.
I was shocked, confused and jealous but anger was the emotion that stood out the lost in me right now, and I knew that my powers get triggered when i get angry.

I was currently having an inner battle, frozen on the spot.
'I could've just gone with Makaiah'

'I wouldn't have heard this if I didn't turn back'

I wasn't a wolf and therefore not as territorial as wolves but all I wanted to do was peel of her hands by doing it one finger at a time.
I really hated her right now, and him too.
I felt so pathetic.

I know this happened way before he met me but I couldn't help the emotions that I feel right now.

My eyes were staring into his.
"Say something". I called out in my head to Jim but he didn't move an inch just like me.

"Please say something". But he remained the same, and that's when I left.

I walked out with tears steaming down my face as I tried yo blink them away so that I could see the stairs properly.
I hated it when people see me crying because I don't like it when people pity me, but it was as if I wasn't in control if my body right now.

It would have been a different story if he didn't show so much interest in her during the time she's been here, but he did. He ate with her, walked with her although it seemed like she forced it, he still did it.
I was so disappointed in him.

I was already falling in love with him but now I have to put those feelings on hold because I don't trust him anymore.

Everyone talks about how mates just instantly live and devote themselves to each other but now, I doubt that... or is mine just very different.

It was already almost time for my next teacher to start training me and I would have to leave him very soon. That was why I didn't want to any problems between us but look at what happened.
Tears continued to flow down my eyes uncontrollably, but Daniel who was driving and the only one in the car continued to wipe my tears while driving.

"Please don't mind me and focus on the road. I don't want an accident to add to this horrible day". I told him as he continued do what I warned against.

This time he touched my face and I pushed his hands away.

"Focus Daniel!". I yelled as I was still an emotional wreck and he was being plain stupid. How can a person be driving and that person is facing sideways instead of focusing on the direction that the car is facing/passing.

I was just about to complain again about his reckless driving when I saw a truck come at the fastest speed I had ever seen towards us but it wasn't as close yet, so I screamed to Daniel who was still very much absent minded.

"Swerve right! Now!". I yelled but he didn't react fast enough so I jumped in front of him. Shielding him with my body without thinking as the truck crashed into us and sent the car and us, flying in the air and we ended up in a very deep ditch.
At this point, I didn't feel anything. I was so sure that I would feel an excruciating pain and probably die from it but I couldn't feel anything right now.

The impact of the fall was what had me defeated. It hurt worse than all the torture I want through. It felt like my head spilt open and to worsen the situation,
I could perceive a bad smell, one that I know too well. The smell of rotting flesh, and I began to panic thinking that it was Daniel.
Although I knew that he couldn't smell that fast, I still panicked.

I couldn't move so I could not even check my surroundings to verify that or not.
"Daniel?". I called with a very faint voice considering the strength I used to utter it.
I got no answer but I heard a shuffling sound, and tried to feel my surroundings but I could only use about 20% of my power right now so I couldn't really tell.

One shuffling turned to the sound of a lot of voices and and sounds of a few people walking.
I guess it wasn't Daniel.

Did he die? I thought as a single tear fell down my eye.
If he did, then I was the cause of another person's demise and I don't think I'll be able to live with the built. I'm barely hanging on as it is

Please be alive.

At least for my own sanity.

Then I smelt him.
By him I mean my mate, I couldn't really identify smells right now but I knew it was him when I perceived that particular familiar scent.

"Did he already know that I was in an accident?". I thought to myself as there couldn't be any other explanation as to why he was here right now.

I tried to talk again this time but no sound came out. Seems like I had used everything to call Daniel.

I could hear them try to stop him from doing something but they couldn't.

"No!". I heard his voice break but couldn't see him. That sound was more painful to me than my currently paralyzed limbs.
He may be thinking that I died.

Pushing myself once again to speak, so that he could know that I was alive and also so that I could get help. I called out.

"Your highness". The sound coming out very faint but I know he heard it. I couldn't help the tears that fell off my eyes once I could utter those words because I could feel my consciousness slipping.

~=•=~
Hello y'all, thank you once again for choosing to read this book and coming this far.

I truly hope you have a lovely day today. Love you all❤️