Chapter 16 - Her

The Wolf Prince's P.O.V

I left my pack with a hundred men with hope that I would be back in a month as it had never taken me that long to trace anyone, but I was wrong.

I started to feel discouraged when my men continued to reduce in number, not to death but to their mates.
Mates cannot stay too long, away from each other. They feel pain, physical pain and the need to to go back clouds all their senses and concentration, so I had to release my men, one by one, month after month.

It seemed like I was on an impossible journey when it got to the third month but I found strength in the possibility that I'll see her again.

I gained strength from the men who were with me on this search.
They had left their mates and responsibilities, and chose to follow me in search of a mate of mine that they haven't seen.

I was grateful so I won't be tired.

After looking for weeks, I have up on looking for her dragon as if it does not want to be found, it won't.
So I strategized and strategized, all the strategies and plans, took us round and around but we found nothing.

Three months turned to four and four into six. It was currently the seventh month since she's been missing.

'Is she even still alive?' I asked in my head, referring to my wolf, and all he could do was whimper as we both couldn't sense or feel her anymore and that devastated me to no end.
Hope was all I held on to. At least let me see her body.

"Sire". My beta greeted and paused before continuing with what he wanted to say.
"The men are becoming tired, saying it's a hopeless journey and they want to return". He said, but I already knew. They had been whispering about it for weeks now but had no courage to tell me to my face. However, I had no intention of ordering or forcing them to go with me till the end.

"They came willingly, so they can also leave willingly". I replied, standing up and heading to the tent to address them all.
I was ready to free everyone. It was my cross to carry and I would do so.

I promised myself that I would not return until I find her, and that promise, I will keep. I don't expect anyone to keep it with me.

"Everyone listen". I announced drawing their attention to me, which I got immediately.
"I would like to thank you all for your service and sacrifice during the past six months. I wouldn't have gotten this far with your help. However, if any or all of you wish to leave, I won't stop you. I am happy that we have come this far together". I said ending my announcement as the men began to go out of the tent one by one, and soon, all of them were gone, except one.

One scrawny looking boy, that wouldn't be older than fifteen by his looks, and he wasn't a part of us. The realization made all my senses be on alert.

'Who could this be?'

'How did I not notice him?'

'I recall seeing him once, but where?'. I thought as I looked at him carefully from the crown of his head to the sole of his feet but found nothing extraordinary.

"Who are you". I asked, my voice coming out strong and suspicious. I could immediately see his slight shiver which meant that he was scared of me.

'Good' I thought.

"I-I am S-salman. You called for me and I have been here since". He replied in a shaky voice. I almost felt sorry for him but I still didn't know who he was.

Salman?

I didn't call for any Salman. I've done nothing else but strategize and look for my mate.