Chapter 5 - Terahj Festival

"Um... what just happened?!" Sarah asks looking shocked but with a smile on her face.
I didn't know how to reply because my heart was still beating heavily due to fear and shock. I also couldn't believe what just happened. A royal,  face to face with me was like death threat because of how impulsive they can be. I could loose my head for smiling the wrong way.

When he came close, I couldn't look him in the eye as that would be considered gross disrespect, especially if it's someone like me who doesn't hold any rank.
Even when he sniffed me, I couldn't help but stiffen to the point where I couldn't breathe.
It wasn't intentional, I was genuinely scared.

"I I- I don't know". I stammered as I replied, also becoming more aware of my surroundings, and noticing that the whole tribe was literally looking at me and by the scowls and frowns on their faces,  I can say for sure that the majority of them were not happy with what just happened.
They had high hopes, betting on girls like Dahlia, Alicia, Sarah and co. They can't imagine a royal even glancing at me at all and the fact that he did just made their blood boil.

Their golden prince with a mutt. Anyone would be livid.

I can't stay here, not with all the judgement. I need to leave but my feet are not co-operating.

"Come on". Sarah said as if she could read my thoughts. I let her drag/guide me through the crowd, tears already leaking from my eyes at my awful reality, when a woman spit on the floor as we passed through her.
I dragged her into this mess.

He should've just walked past me. It's not like I am his mate or pleasure buddy but he just made almost every woman in the tribe hate me for no reason.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
"Tomorrow is the Terahj festival. Everyone will forget about it as soon as the day breaks tomorrow. Don't worry". My mom said, as Sarah places a comforting hand on my shoulder, smiling down at me.

"I'm here for you. Do you want to do a sleepover party today?". Her question made me think of how my life was not all bad. At least I have two people to run to whenever something goes wrong.

"Tomorrow is going to be a big day, let's do it!". I exclaimed, all excited but deep down, I was very nervous and scared for tomorrow because after this festival, the three regions may unite or be in disarray forever.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
*The Next Day*
Once again, I dreamt of that same dream again but this time, when the man gives me the invisible orb, I feel it but with great heat. However I still don't see the orb.
I woke up panting and rushing to the bathroom as my hand felt like it was being roasted.
After switching on the tap, I realized that my hand was indeed burnt.
"Ahhh!". I let out a startled scream, alarming everyone especially the barely awoken Sarah who stirred due to my noisy waking.

"What happened!". Sarah asked  in urgency as she ran to meet me in the bathroom with my mom following suit.

"What happened to your hand?!". My mom scream-asks, noticing the bad burn on my palm and I don't even know where to start.

"I know this is crazy, but I got burnt in the dream. That same dream I always have was a bit different this time, and that's how I got this burn". I replied, begging them in my head to believe me as if it was me that was told this, I would laugh because it is absolutely ridiculous.

"Let's get you bandaged first". Sarah said, nervously walking about of the room to get a gel for burns and a bandage.

That's weird

I was expecting "ha ha ha. Please say something real" but she didn't even reply at all.

"Mom?" I asked as she also hadn't given me a reply yet, but Sarah walks in interrupting the atmosphere so I dropped it.

Maybe I scared them? 

Anyways, today is the D-day, after my hand was wrapped, I started to get dressed because we all didn't need the town bell to know that today was the festival.
At first, I thought of sitting this one out but then I was to nervous and scared to stay at home alone.

Some people were excited, while others were scared. Then there's me on the other hand, who is terrified and nervous like I was gonna go on stage to perform.
I couldn't quite understand the feeling but I didn't like it.

Heading out of the house, I squeezed Sarah's hand for comfort and she squeezed back looking as nervous as I felt.
I'm sure mine didn't show on my face, as a lot of times, my emotions are not totally displayed on my face, more on my actions.

We got to the town square and the amount of people I saw there was unbelievable. It was just an hour after the crack of dawn but the whole place was filled up with people from the tribe and beyond. It was a rare and exciting sight. However, the nervous pit in my stomach kept me thinking that something unusual would happen but it was just an instinct, so I didn't dwell much on it.

After a few minutes, Elder Safah climbed on the podium and although the crowd was noisy, it all died down when he opened his mouth to speak.

"My people, today is the day we have been waiting for and are privileged to see. Today I and the 6 Elders alongside the earth (ground) itself would pick a person who has the most potent dragon blood in them, to be the sole leader of the three realms. All the people below 40, move to the right and let the festival begin!". He yelled at the end of his speech to give the exciting effect and it worked as the whole crowd began to clap and we who were less than 40 moved to the right side of the town square.

Then the enchantments began...

~=•=~
Hello everyone, thank you so much for reading and for 150 reads!
I hope you liked this chapter cause I did and am excited for the next one.

Recently, I have been finding it hard to write, when it was normally so interesting and easy for me. I really hope this doesn't last long.

See y'all next week. Bye!