Chapter 27 - His Name

Third Person P.O.V

After the death of the last dragon king, it didn't take a year for war to start brewing as every other tribe thirsted to rise to power.
Not only did the dragon king die but all the other dragons, including the heir to the throne vanished from the face of the earth, a mystery that still hasn't been wolves hundreds of years after.

It was the dream of every creature to posses the orb and sit on that throne of thorns, and due to this, the fields of the lands were being watered with the blood of innocent souls.

The war hadn't even started but the chaos had rendered millions of humans and creatures homeless or dead.
The main fight was between the vampires and werewolves as they have forever been enemies, and the only bridge keeping them from fighting the was gone ; the dragons.

Every creature of the supernatural world knew that not just anyone could possess the orb but then, their greed blinded their ability to think properly as they all were willing to die trying.

The vampires and werewolves were going on full attack against each other with the other creatures being the on-lookers, also while fighting each other on a lower scale.

The war fully began when the vampires kidnapped and slowly drank the blood of King Cryrus's first daughter mikayla, despite all the efforts of the the crescent pack to appease them.
The vampires asked for the land in between their borders, they have them.
The vampires also demanded that 200 wolves donated blood to them in fresh sachets, which the crescent pack also complied to, but unfortunately for the crescent pack, their alpha's daughter had long been killed and they were being exploited by the vampires.
The day they found this out, the wolves were more than mad and charged towards the vampires boundaries in a full blown war.

There were many attempts by other creatures to avoid the war by diplomatic dialogues but it was to no avail as the crescent pack blatantly refused, standing strong in their point that they must avenge their daughter.

After about a month of fighting, no party could confidently say they were the winners, so the crescent pack came to an agreement that they would send their strongest men to the forefront, to give them an edge.
One of those men is the current wolf prince (mate to Aliyah).
With great difficulty did the Alpha and Luna agree, as they had just lost their first child not long ago and their second would be put in danger. However, they were leaders, and the other men going with their son were other people's children too.

On getting to the war front dyeing the battle, the wolf prince came face to face with the vampire king, an unexpected meeting, which means the vampires tricked them once again. However, he was not going to back down.

The vampire king was famous for his brutality, unimaginable speed and sheer strength, all of which made him the most terrifying man existing at the time.
He killed without caring about the consequences, he was more than a murderer. A psycho that had his way every time.

Would this time be different?

It is said that too much anger would bring a man to his death during a fight so that was what the vampire king attempted to do, as he himself has heard of the war prince of the crescent pack, who had been undefeated to this day.

So he began to taunt him.

"Hello little princess". He started and carefully watched so as to gauge the prince's reaction but he got nothing which although he maintained his cool, infuriated him.
He was never a patient man.
"I can't believe your father sent you straight into my mouth to be eaten alive, just like I did to your sister. She was a fighter, I'll give her that"
"But her blood was so delicious, I wish I could bring her back to life and devour her all over again". He continued, still not receiving the reaction he wanted. The wolf prince acted like his words did nothing but they pierced his heart the second he talked about his sister.
The sister who always protected him and was like his second mom.
His sister whom he loved so dearly but he maintained his blank expression.

'I won't give him what he wants'. He thought to himself'

"Answer me you little bitch!". He responded, looking very agitated. Seems like his plan just turned against him as he was the one getting very angry at the prince's silence.
"Answer me Calbraith!". He yelled, not knowing that he had unleashed heel against not just him but everyone around.

He uttered the name which should not be uttered, and now, not just him has to bear the consequences but everyone else present.

Since prince calbraith was born, he had always had a crazed reaction to his name being called, and everyone called him a problem child, just tagging him as troublesome and nothing more.
Until, his 13th birthday. The day he first transformed into his wolf.

He changed into the most abnormal wolf anyone can imagine. So strange to the point that everyone in the village started to run home, away from the ceremony of the prince's first turning.

They were scared for their lives and were right to feel that way.

The prince's wolf when fully transformed has two heads and an abnormally huge body.
He had two wolves inside of him.

The outrageous transformation had his innocent mother calling out him as he himself was panicking after seeing his the reactions of people and his reflection.

"Calbraith!". She yelled in an attempt to calm him down as his actions were scaring the people further. His pacing up and down, and dangerous growling had the people cowering in fear, his alpha status not making it any easier for lesser wolves.

At the sound of his name reaching his ears, all he'll broke loose.
He was already big before but he grew twice his size, destroying everything in sight, not just the metal chairs built into the ground but he also brought house down by merely hitting his paws on them.

It seemed like the calling of his name was telling the wolves to attack, it was as if they were seeing a red light that spelt 'danger'.

That day was one of tragedy for the crescent pack as a few pack members lost their lives and hundreds injured, due to the destroying of their houses.
Since then, no one has ever mentioned his name.

The vampire king had just bitten more than he can chew, he didn't realize until he saw the prince slowly transformed into the feared two-headed beast.

The wicked smile on the vampire king's face dropped in less than a second as fear, a feeling which was foreign to him, overwhelmed him.

"W-wha...". He tried to utter looking flabbergasted with his mouth wide open but his words seizing in his mouth at the full transformation.

It was a sight like no other.

Everyone who had been fighting in the ongoing war, paused, too terrified to make a sound in fear that it may annoy the beast and cause him to attack them.

As soon as the prince took a step forward towards the king, all that vampires began to retreat in full speed. So fast it was like there was no one there in the first place.
The king also attempted to flee but was stopped by the beast, Prince calbraith who was ready to tear him limb from limb.

If not for anything, for his sister who had been so brutally killed by the mad man in front of him so he grabbed him by the neck with his teeth.
Just holding the vampire king in his mouth, his 10 inch teeth had already pierced through his neck.

The prince then went ahead to consistently hit him on the ground, breaking a bone in his body every time his body hits the ground.
The crunch of his bones cracking was so satisfying to both the prince, his wolves and the pack warriors present, as they chanted every single time the vampire king was hit on the ground.

By the time the prince broke all his limbs by raising and hitting back on the ground with great force from at least 8 feet high.
The king was still alive, barely, but still breathing, so the prince turned his neck, using some amount of force to separate the head from the boat as a trophy of victory against the man that killed his sister.

"I have finally avenged you Mikayla. I hope you Rest In Peace now". He said to himself as he painfully began to transform back into his human form, while walking with the head in his hand and his men chanting at his back.

'He had it coming'

~=•=~
I don't pity him (the vampire king) at all, he deserved it for being so ruthless.

Thank you all for reading. Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts on this chapter.