Chapter 17 - Tears

I hate being this paranoid, but I can't help it.
I can't help but think that something terrible is going to happen, it's like I was waiting for horror to take place.

The past two days have been too rosy for me, especially after long months of suffering. They said it was seven months but it felt like a hundred years.
I was out in an enormous room that had the smelt like the prince, although at first I was very on guard about it, now it calms me down unlike the prince himself.

Whenever I see him, I smell his power and unintentionally begin to panic. I know for a fact that he wouldn't be able to kill me easily, as my powers had been growing immensely. However, I just can't help but be scared of everything including my shadow.

A knock on the door startled me and also had me at full alert.
Slowly walking towards the door, I prepared myself for any attack as I opened it.
Only to reveal a small looking boy, that I had never seen but found oddly familiar.
I looked at him closely from his hair toes and one think stuck out, his eyes...

They are Salman's eyes, although tears were in them. I could also smell Salman, but the smell could mean a lot of things.
So I reached out, because I would know for sure once I touch him.
He didn't even wait for my hand to get to him, when he reached out and held my hands in his, and immediately, I knew.

The feeling of happiness filled me as I rushed to hug him, holding him tight.
'I'm so happy you're alive'. I said in my head knowing he'll hear me.
'Why didn't you come for me? I waited and waited'. I asked in my head, still holding him tight. It was like I found my long lost brother whom I thought was dead.
I can't explain the feeling but I know for sure that I am happy right now.

'I searched everywhere but I couldn't find you until recently. Not just me, but your mate had also been looking for you all this while'. He replied as I pondered on the word I had been hearing for a while Mate.
Just as I was about to ask Salman, the prince came up beside us, clearing his throat, so I let go of Salman, still holding his hand though and unintentionally putting him beside me, in a protective way.

I saw his expression change for a split second but I couldn't tell what it was, it looked like he got sad?... no, that's not it.
Why would he be sad?

"I saw that you weren't comfortable with anyone as you're hiding away and have still not uttered a word since you came, that's why I brought Salman. Uh- I hope you get comfortable with him around". He said the last part like it was a very difficult thing for him to say. I could actually easily tell what someone is thinking due to their demeanor, and although the prince's expression and demeanor never really changes, I notice the tiny differences.

Now that he mentioned it, I realize that I truly hadn't spoken a word since I got here, no... not just now. I haven't spoken a word in months.
I truly believe that I may not know how to speak again or if I do, that I may sound weird. Both of which were terrifying.

I nodded in reply to acknowledge what he said as I was very thankful that he brought Salman, although I still did not trust that he didn't want to do me harm.

I walked into my room with Salman, as I thought to myself.
I could practice speaking again with Salman, and I won't be embarrassed, but how do I ask that I want to practice with him?. I thought to myself, as he drifted closer, confirming my thoughts.

"Of course, we can". He spoke, this time not in my head. His voice sounded really small, he sounded like he was 10 but he looked like a young teenager of probably about fifteen or sixteen.

"O-o". I ended it with a sigh. All I wanted to say was 'okay', but even that was hard as I was being too self conscious.

"Come on". He urged, holding my hands. His calmness washed over me, and I became determined to speak.
That slimy Lord Ronan shouldn't have the power to take away my voice.

He already took my beauty. I looked at the mirror, directly opposite the bed we sat on, and could still see a sharp straight dark line which began at my hairline to right below my left eyes.
I hated it. I hated it so much.

"O-ookkay". I stammered as I tried to let it out in a voice that I would like, and ended up sounding like a howling wolf. Salman did not help matters, as his face contorted trying to hold his laugh, and in less than a second, we bursted out laughing.
Then we both realized that I just made sounds, I just laughed! And so easily at that.

Excitement filled me as I tried again and again. My words kept getting better and better each time.
Every time, I would get it right and smooth, we would both laugh like it was the funniest thing in the world but I was happy.

Happy that I was laughing

Happy that Salman wasn't dead

Happy that the Wolf Prince was okay, I know that's weird but I have always wanted him to be okay and safe, as I had a little weird crush on him before.

We were done with the learning exercise for today and were just silent. Staring at the ceiling and enjoying each other's quiet presence when I remembered something.

"S-Salman, there was a-another there". I uttered, still looking at the ceiling. Sadness came from nowhere as I imagined the one I felt inside the wall being tortured like I was.

"Another what?". He asks, getting up from the floor where he was before and sat on the bed, looking at me, obviously waiting for an answer that although I knew I was sure of, still felt like I wasn't sure.

"Another d-dragon. One of us". The stuttering pissed me off as I had to talk slowly, but then at least, I am speaking.
Salman immediately jumped and the first thing I thought was...

Danger.

His sudden alarming movement had caused me to hyperventilate.
I tried to breathe but I couldn't, all I could think of was the torture, and all I could imagine was that dragon going through the same or worse. I was picturing it in my head and as much as I wanted to stop it, I couldn't.

"S-  S- stop!". I attempted to yell but it came out as breathy whisper. I could see Salman panicking and before he opened the door to call for someone, the prince was already storming over, and immediately he got to me, he hugged me.

The hug was foreign and I could still feel his power so I tried to fight him off as all my brain was saying was...
Alert! Alert!
His patted my head very lightly and also tightly holding me in place at the same time. The touch which was foreign a second ago, became comforting and I snuggled more into his chest that seemed to house me perfectly.

One tear fell off my eyes, the realization startling me as I haven't cried in a long time.
Not when I was tortured, not when I was starved, not when I watched several people being beheaded, not when I was rescued... but now?

Just being in the arms of the prince brought out every single year I had been holding down for months, and I cried like I never have.
I stayed there for a good amount of minutes, crying and he was there, holding me while time.
He didn't budge, or complain as I stained his shirt with my hot tears and catarrh.
He just held me, and I was grateful.

As soon as I stopped crying, embarrassment made it's way through me, as I suddenly became aware of our position and felt vulnerable for crying like that on someone I barely knew. I even stained the prince's shirt.

"Hey". He said, as he held my face in his two hands, looking intensely into my eyes, and although I wanted to withdraw and back away from him, he held me firmly.
"It's okay. It's nothing to be embarrassed about". He uttered like he knew what I was feeling. The utterance did nothing but make me more embarrassed as I shied away from him, running out the door.

I hadn't gone far when I heard his laughter. It was a throaty one, as the prince's voice was a bit deeper than average but it made me smile.

I've never heard his laughter, but I like the sound of it.

~=•~
Hey guys!!
Thank you for reading this far...
Please leave your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote...

Thank you!