Chapter 8 - Mate

Third Person P.O.V

The sound of someone chocking got to his ears, but it was not just the chocking sound that made him run towards the sound, but her cry that went straight to his heart.

The prince was in his way to the dragon tribe for the Terahj festival which he didn't want to but had no choice as it was his duty to do so.
The journey had been extremely boring and tiring so he wanted to take his wolf on a run to shake off the tense feeling in his muscles, and that's when he heard;
'Somebody help me, please!' The desperation in that voice clutched his heart for a reason he himself could not explain, all he knew and could think of at the time was :

"I must save her"

"She needs me"

He ran, his intuition being on it's best behavior as he found her in no time.

It was weird

She was alone, thrashing around, and screaming. It looked like she was in unimaginable pain, the sight pulling at his heartstrings as he felt helpless, not knowing what to do to ease her pain.
If she was being wounded or harmed by someone, it would be a different case as he could fight to set her free but the sight in front of him, had him restless.

He didn't know what to do, so he hugged her, holding her head in place on his chest like he was shielding her from the world. Hoping that it would somehow ease her pain.

Just a few seconds into the hug, she visibly relaxed and although she was weak, she began to breather normally. He knew she already felt better but he felt too comfortable having her in his arms that he stayed for a few more minutes. Only getting up to hide behind a tree to observe when he heard voices.

It looked like they knew her so he didn't intervene and only just watched as they took her. His eyes turning silver anytime the man touches her.

A very foreign feeling that he had never felt before.

"Why am I being possessive?". He asked himself, shaking off the feeling by shrugging his shoulders. The only explanation was that she was his mate, but it was an impossible thought.
No one has really seen a wolf and a person of another tribe be mates. It was only read in stories.

"It's just because I don't want her or any other weak person hurt. There's no way she's my mate". He explained to himself, as he watched her till she was brought home and regained consciousness.

Still standing behind a tree, where he could see her. He watched her for a long time , having no intention of leaving until her brown eyes met his silver ones.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=
Aliyah thought hard for the whole of the day, trying to understand what Salman, the dragon had said. She would've asked but he flew away before got a chance to.

"What mate?... This is the dragon tribe not the wolf tribe. I don't understand". She said to herself thinking hard, after a while of trying to figure it out on her own, she got sick of the confusion and was on her way to find salman, seeking an explanation.

She was so confused because it is the rarest thing for a dragon tribe member to be the mate of a werewolf, not just a member of the dragon tribe, but any other tribe.
The wolves were known to mate with the wolves and the last time a wolf mated with a person of another tribe/human, was a few hundred years ago.
A marriage that almost caused a war.

She shook her head like it would get rid of her drifting thoughts, still walking at a fast pace with her head down and her thoughts running wild, she bumped into the wolf prince, staggering and trying to regain her balance as it felt like she hit a tree.

The little contact causing the Prince's heart to skip a beat as he tried to keep her from falling, but his stoic face showed nothing of what he was feeling.

Immediately she regained composure, she bowed her head, not looking into his eyes as a sign of respect, totally forgetting that she was their leader now. However, she didn't fail to see the longing expression in his eyes, and his slightly outstretched hands which he put back in their place as she began to walk away.

Should I have waited? It looked like he had something to say to me. She thought as she continued to walk away, shrugging he shoulders, her questions still in her head.

"Salman!". She calls when she gets to the town square as shoe was clueless as to how to call him. She got no response, but called and called again.

Was the whole thing a dream? She thought as the whole village looked like nothing happened, asides the weird stares but it was not new, and Salman was nowhere to be found.

'No, it is not a dream'. The voice in her head replied, and due to her not being used to this, she let out a scream holding her head.
The voice in her head was loud and confident, she was not scared of it but it was too new to be comfortable with. I mean she doesn't even know who's speaking in her head.

"Please try replying with a lower tone. You scared me". She replied out loud, that if someone was in front of her, she would be mistaken as a deranged person.

'I'm sorry. However, you don't need to yell out his name. You can just summon him. Remember, you are the commander'. The voice replied, but the first thing that came to her head was 'how?'

'Close your eyes, picture him and tell him to come to you. With time, you will not need to bat an eye to call him'. The voice in my head replies once again and it felt like a surge of power began to flow through her as she closed her eyes.

Unaware of her surroundings, she focused on painting an image of Salman in her mind. The energy radiating from her, had the trees shaking with extreme force and the people were beginning to run out of their houses,  as not just the trees but the houses also shook, some roofs falling off.

On hearing the flapping of wings which she just instinctively knew was Salman, she relaxed and opened her eyes, now noticing the crowd of people and a few fallen trees.
The sight bringing out a sigh from her lips as she immediately knew that it was all because of her.

Should I say sorry?

Would they even accept my apology?

How do I go about this commander thing?

'We need to learn control or else, we'll kill people'. She said in her head, referring to the voice she hears.

'I'll teach you but you need to leave here. We can't concentrate here'.

'WE NEED TO LEAVE'.

~•=•=~

Thank you for reading ❤️.

I really enjoyed writing this chapter 😩.

Please vote and comment your thoughts... it encourages me to continue.