Chaoter 9 - The Hole

"We summoned you here because a meeting has been long overdue. You're our leader now and we need to discuss the next step to take as the people are getting anxious". Elder Lily explained as soon as I sat down in the midst of the elders. The sight making me feel intimidated but I shoved it down and acted normally.

I didn't know what step to take, He*l I didn't even know the full prophesy. I was as clueless as they are, if not worse.

"The people and we, prepared for the return of the orb holder, we did not imagine that the dragons still exist which I still find hard to believe. The people have a right to be anxious as all of a sudden, there is a dragon flying over their heads and houses". Elder Farrah added, making every other elder nod in agreement.

"If the elders of the dragon tribe have no idea about what to do with this situation or how to guide me. How in the world am I supposed to know, I'm just 21". I thought to herself as she pondered on what reply to give but nothing meaningful came to mind.

Then I uttered the only thing I could think of; "I'll leave".
"I need to leave". I replied as that was truly the only thing I could do. No one here understands what is wrong with me nor how to help me train myself.
Therefore, I have leave.

"Your life will be at risk. It is already at risk and word has spread that you a dragon has returned and that you can control it. Please think this through". Elder Safah advises, and i reply with a nod unable to say anything or counter what he just said because it was true.

"Thank you Elders. I'll think about it and give you all a reply in three days. Please be patient with me". I said the last bit in a whisper, talking to both the elders, myself and Draco.

Walking out, I saw Dahlia smile at me, that little gesture had all the fluids in my body boil. I remember Sarah every time I see her, and I can't stand the fact that this b*tch killed my friend.

'Please calm down, you know you cannot control it as we are not one yet. The earth has begun to shake and it's causing an earthquake which the innocent may suffer from'. Draco advised in my head, the thought of harming innocents calming me down in a second. So I just walk away.

I asked for three days not only because I needed time to think about my leaving, but because I want to find Sarah's body and at least bury her. It's been days already and she hasn't been found. Although the warriors were searching for her, no one dared to jump into that hole that we both fell into out of their ever present fear of dragons,
so I will do that myself.

'You need Salman'. Draco said in my head but I didn't reply, still feeling the remnants of the burning anger I felt a few minutes ago, stubbornness taking precedence over reasonable thinking, and so I walked until I reached the hole.

That's when rational thoughts begin to come in.

'You'll die if you just jump in'. I thought to myself contemplating on whether to actually call Salman or jump.

'Salman would try to stop you from going down there'. Another part of me said, which was true. Salman acts like I'm an eggshell that shouldn't even be scratched.

Screw it! I'm jumping.

I thought as I readied myself by backing up a little in an attempt to run and jump in, when my hand was pulled by someone.
I thought it was Salman who grabbed my hand because who else cares about my well-being?... nobody except my mom and she doesn't have such strength.

"Let me g". The remaining words freezing in my mouth as I received a great shock.

The Prince!

I am literally staring at the prince with his hands on my wrist and it did not look like he was letting go.

Getting over my one second shock, I look down as fast as possible and try to remove my wrist from his palms, once again forgetting that I'm no longer just Aliyah.

"Why are you trying to kill yourself!". The prince yelled with a voice that I can only describe as thunderous, making me unintentionally flinch.
"Look at me!". He orders, as my head was still staring at his feet. The order to look up caught me by surprise but I did.
Now looking into his eyes, I noticed that they're brown but with white little freckles are scattered in between them.

"Your eyes are beautiful". I say in a trance like state, and immediately realize what I just said blinking and trying to find a sentence to cover it up, but his reaction made my embarrassment reduce.
His expression which was fierce a second ago is slightly different now, as he avoided my eyes for a second.

"That's not what I asked". He replies after clearing his throat.
"Why are you doing everything to leave m- ... to leave your people. They need you, you can't just die. That is very selfish!". He yelled as he talked, his voice taking an higher octave as he goes.
The look in his eyes is scary though but it seems like he's worried about me.

I know it's a crazy thought, but a girl can dream, right?

"I- I'm not trying to leave them. I need to, for my sake and theirs. T-these new powers can destroy everything as much as it can build it". I stuttered as I tried to talk without tearing up.
This always happens when I'm a controversial situation or argument. I hate it because it makes me seem weaker than I am.

Seeming to have calmed down, the prince just exhales and walks away, holding his head for a split second.

Can this man get any weirder? I thought to myself and not even a second later, he was back.
"Where will you go?". He asked with no emotions displayed on his face.

"I don't know". I replied, looking at my feel because once again I felt useless.
I had always been a failure and the second I get a chance to be something I can't control even the littlest percentage of it. Now, that I have decided to leave the tribe so that I can learn how to properly control it, I don't know where to go and have no plans.

I didn't know if he sensed it or his intuition was just amazing, because he immediately brought out a handkerchief and handed it to me, even before the tears fell out.

Then he walked away.

His back turned to me made me feel like I wanted him to turn back and look at me.
I don't know why but I wanted to stop him, but it'll I did, I would have no reason as to why I did so.

So I turned and despite all his yelling and warning, walked closer to the hole and jumped.
Before my two legs were fully raised from the ground in order for the jump to be complete, I was suddenly hoisted up in the air, and like that, I was being carried by the prince, on his shoulders.
On another day, this would've been romantic but right now, it's annoying.

"Let me go!". I yelled and struggled against him but then I was on his shoulders, there's only so much I can do.

After hitting his back several times in an attempt to get free, I gave up and tears flowed once again.
I know, I know... you may be thinking 'why so much tears, is she pregnant?'.
However, these tears were out of frustration, no one has found Sarah, and not enough people are talking about it. I am mostly surprised by Elder Safah, he did not even mourn her or talk about her.

It's as if she disappeared like the wind.

It was as if she didn't die.

"I need to find my friend". I let out in a helpless whimper, having no other strength to fight or even jump anymore.

"I can't just let her body be out there. She doesn't deserve this". I whisper talking to him, well more like to myself as my voice was at its lowest.

"I'll help you". He replied, dropping me from his shoulders very gently. His words greatly comforted me and I didn't know how to show my thanks, so I hugged him.

"Thank you".

~=•=~
We're finally getting some interaction between these two 🥰

Place comment your thoughts  and vote.