Chapter 30 - Can I?

Aliyah's P.O.V

As soon as we got to the pack house with me still being carried in bridal style, he saw that the same letter had been sent to the pack house and thankfully, Makaiah was home.

"You can drop me now". I told him but he nodded, refusing and insisting on carrying me to my room himself, despite all the commotion.

We were both silent in our way to my room because what exactly are we going to talk about?
Right now, the safety of the pack was everything and I had no idea what to do to help them.

Once we reached my room, the door was unlocked and it's never not locked.
The realization sent shivers of fear up my spine and this time, I didn't ask, I just came down and he let me.
Both of us where on a very high alert, slowly approaching the bed. Although I couldn't perceive or hear anyone, I still maintained caution as I moved closer to my bed seeing white papers.

The first one read;
'How could you pick him over me?. I'm the one you need and the only one that loves you.
I'll come for you my love, in due time'

Okay, what???

"Who could this be?". The prince asked me, probably thinking that I was with someone before him. Someone who's hung up on me, but then I was as clueless about this as he was.
The confusion had me thinking of a very few times where I had communicated with a man and the only two I could think of where the vampire prince and Sarah's cousin.
I couldn't picture any of these two people doing this as none of them may even remember my name at all.

"I have no idea. I haven't even ever been close to men". I told him because the truth is I don't even know why I wasn't close with guys, all I had was Sarah, my forever best friend.
I didn't forget her and never will. My heart still aches every time I think of her.
People say that grief dies down with time but it hasn't eased up at all. I'm still grieving, just more silently.

"We need to find out who this is, but I already have a guess". He replied, walking over to my window to check for any clues but found nothing.
Walking back from the window, he walked straight to me, looked me in the eyes and said.
"You're sleeping with me". His expression showed finality, giving me no room for complaint but all I could think about is;

'What? Is he serious?'. If I was any lighter, my cheeks would be red from blushing because I felt so shy right now, and a little bit embarrassed.
Who says such things without a wink?.

"Uhh... I meant, you will be sleeping in my room". He said with a huge smile on his face which blossomed into a full blown laughter.
All the laughter did nothing but made blush harder.
"I'm sorry". He said, placing his hands on my shoulders, making me look up at him.

"Is it okay to share your room?. I mean, I'm not going to lie and say that I'm okay and I feel safe because I don't, but is this okay?". I ask, genuinely concerned because in the kingdoms, the way royalty behaves and conducts themselves really matter, and although they won't be punished when in the wrong, the other party in the wrong with them spays the price.

"Everyone knows you're mine, and that I'm yours. Who dares to stop mates from being around each other". He says with the kind of confidence that just makes me fall even harder. Was there ever a time when this man is confused?

After the assurance, I head to my closet to start packing my stuff, but he stopped me.

"My room is just opposite yours, you don't have to take anything with you. Just the basics for the day, okay?". He advises and I nodded before realizing that I could hear wind.
Like a sharp wind, so I yelled.

"Down!". As soon as I yelled that, another letter flew in but with a lot of force you would thing that it was something bigger.
'What's this again?'. I thought to myself as I reached for the letter, the prince standing behind me also curious to know the content of the letter.

This time, it was from my second teacher and according to the letter, I'm gonna have to leave to train, and by leave, I mean months or a year.
The letter specified that the remaining six teachers are to teach me in a place that is not in my comfort zone.
Which literally means that, I have to train in a place far away from my mate.

The look we both shared after reading the letter was one that I couldn't explain. No words were said but we understood each other.
The whole atmosphere was solemn and he walked up to me, enveloping me in a hug.
The hug this time was more than a comfort, it was like he was telling me goodbye and although I knew that, that was in my head, it made me sad but I blinked my tears eyes away.

I have been forgetting that I am the Dragon Commander before I am his mate, and the lives of a lot of people are dependent on whether or not I accept my fate, and how capable I am at protecting these innocent souls.

I appreciate the love and care and want to reciprocate it but I need to go out there, out of comfort to train hard, so that I can be the commander and his Luna at the same time.
Me right now, does not deserve that position in the slightest.

After breaking the hug, I kissed him on both sides of his cheek, getting a smile from him as his face was all calm and serious.
With the slightly lifted mood, I walked into my closet and began taking the things i needed for the night.
While doing this, the prince was literally all over me.
Maybe because he knows that I'll be leaving soon, he was in every corner I turned to... wanting to sniff me or just watch me.

"Come on, let's go". He said after noticing that I was done.
The door creaked like it hadn't been opened in years and although I knew it was because the door is gigantic, creaky things scared me.
On entering the room, I saw how this man's personality engulfed the room.
If you entered, you would know that the person that stays here is a very weird and anti-social person.

There was nothing on the walls, absolutely nothing. The walls were ash in color and all the drawers were black which made the room so dark. It was the good kind of dark though.
I liked it but it lacked a homey feeling.
The only thing that helped the room, were the white curtains that covered the two windows.

"I hope you're comfortable?". He asks from where he was sitting and it looked like he had been watching me analyze his room.

"Yeah I am". I said, but I was a bit nervous. This was my first time in his room, and his scent was overpowering here.
I didn't know what to do because if I inhaled, I would seem like a creep and I don't want that, so I just settled by not doing anything.

He tapped on the bed where he was sat, gesturing for me to come over and sit him. An innocent gesture but my corrupted mind has calculated and interpreted all the possible things he could be referring to.

'Come here, let's complete the bond and mate'

'I want to do sinful things to you, come here'

'Are you just gonna stand there and watch me without doing anything? I'm yours'.

I shook my head, getting rid of those perverted thoughts.
Da*n, I was hungry.

"Are you okay?". He asked, already looking concerned and standing to meet me. However, I was more than fine, only that I had a bit of dirty mind syndrome.

He just standing in front of me, made me look at his lips just for a second, and I took my eyes away.
I wasn't ready to go all the way, so why start what I can't finish?

I hadn't even removed my eyes fully, when he crashed his lips on mine. An immediate moan leaving my mouth.

'Shut up, you fool. You sound desperate' I told myself as the moan that left my mouth was not planned at all and loud enough for anyone in the next room to hear.

Still kissing me, his hands began to travel, from my face to my neck, to my chest, down to my ass. He didn't stop to grab any particular place, he was just exploring, I guess.
He lips left mine and went straight for the sweet spot on my neck which he found the last time.

Breaking away from the kiss, he asks with his hands on the edge of my shirt.
"Can I?". Referring to him removing my shirt, and I replied.

"Yes".