Chapter 15 - The visitor

The thought that I was going to be sold to whoever is coming, stuck in my mind and the fear that I thought I had overcome, snuck into my mind once again.

What if this person is worse than Lord Ronan?

I mean, I don't even want to find out whether or not they are nicer.

It felt like my mind were two different entities, with one supporting my decision to die rather than be sold again, then the there's the other that believes that I should just watch and take action once I was sure.

'What do I do?'. I thought when I began to hear hoof beats. There were definitely horses here, about 30 of them at least.

The visitor is here.

After looking around for a while, I realized that Lord Ronan is indeed smarter than I give him credit for.

That sly demon... he took away every sharp thing that I could use to cause myself harm so I temporarily gave up the thought of killing my Alf for now.
I could do it anytime anyways.

One main thing that bothered me to no end was the reason why Lord Ronan dressed me up. He is sly, with all kinds of thoughts up his sleeve, so I was sure that something was definitely up, but before I find out what that is, I'll play along.

The maids directed me by walking before and after me, stopping in unison once we got to the staircase, made me confused, and bowed their heads leaving me at the edge of the staircase, still not saying a word.

Are they robots? I thought as I would have at least heard a sound from them but they were so quiet, you would think that you were alone even if they are present.

"Oh my!". I hear him exclaim, an obviously fake exclamation. His face seemed like he was truly surprised at how the dressing up turned out, looking all excited and chirpy but I know better than anyone what he's capable of.
"One would mistake you for a princess". He gushed but I felt nothing but more anger.

Princess?

'What princess has such a large amount of bruises?'

'Yeah, none. So what in the world was he talking about after making me like this.' I thought in my head and thought of all the things I would like to do to him.
I didn't realize when I became this bitter, all I thought about from dusk till dawn was how to kill this man in front of me.
I didn't care though, my anger was justified by the wounds evident on my body.

No one would fight for me, so I have no choice but to do it myself.
I've learnt it the hard way that I'm on my own, and the world is not a nice place for everyone.

While thinking about this, envy flooded my heart as I thought about all the women who were in love and happy. I once fantasized about this, creating fake scenarios in my head and dancing in a ball gown in my room, imagining that I was doing it with my Prince Charming, but all of that were wishful thinking.

I thought my past was awful but I miss it, it is a million times better than where I was now, the bullying was just a light tap on the back compared to what I've been through these few months.
I felt broken, sad and I pitied myself, so much that the tears that I had kept at bay threatened to spill.

"Cone Come... your little boyfriend is here". He announced, rolling his eyes and waved me over, which I obeyed as I began walking down the stairs.

Boyfriend?

Has his bad needs finally caught up with him?