Part 2.

It hadn't taken long for Kyle to find a nearby alleyway to hole up in until his grandfather had lost track of him, but the swirling thoughts of guilt were rummaging in his head, daring to make him consider turning back. Did He really do the right thing? should he just accept his punishment.

His heavy breathing from all the running was echoing off the tall house walls around him, the terraced houses and the long corridor like alleyways behind them were perfect for hiding in, but they were loud and filthy most of the time, Kyle, not having any knowledge of how the streets work. Decided to take up residence in a strangers back garden.

Noticing that they had a shed and a bundle of lavenders in plant pots, he kicks the door open, and bunkers inside. It was cramped with many things, bolt cutters, chainsaws and anything else you'd dread being used on someone else, but it only reminded Kyle of his Grandpa, who would use anything and everything just to abuse him and his brother.

"Miriam! some hobo is in our shed!"

Kyle swore to himself, bursting from the shed at high speed and vaulting their small garden wall, continuing in his search for somewhere to hide discreetly, not seeing any substitutes he bails on this side of town and searches in the more rough areas of Fordwich.

He was making his way down the main road, hoping to death his grandpa wasn't anywhere near him to see where he was going, settling on a bridge with the street name carved into it.

"King street..." Kyle whispers to himself, looking over the bridge to see more homes and places with older people flocking down the road for their early game of bingo (even though Kyle had no idea what Bingo was). The bridge was small and stretched over the Westbere Marsh, he had no idea where he was going but he didn't want to stop, not now.

He followed the road past bricked houses and worn-down fences before coming up to a dirt path, leading down into more greenery and at the end of it was a large metal green gate.

"God dammit!"

Kyle had already committed to the walk down, so he saw no other options than to climb over it, living on a farm had its uses, he was in no way weak and could easily lift his own body weight. Gracefully ignorant of the warning signs right next to the gate spelling out:

Beware the dogs!

It took only a few minutes to climb fully over and drop into the field below, the grass was browned from all the traffic the path got. and the flowers to the side wilted and decayed.

"Ok, where does this lead?" he said to himself "Need to get away, need to get away..." he continued to reassure himself as he walked down the path leading to the brink of a forest, he had no idea where he was but he wasn't about to let himself get caught before he could enjoy himself.

It wasn't too bright out, the clouds were invading the blue sea of a sky and then slowly they started to darken. It didn't take long for small drops of rain to cascade down, slowly the pour starts to thicken and thunder.

Racing into the woods surrounding the dirt path inside he takes shelter in the trees, the rain thinning out underneath the protected leaves.

He sighs with relief as he pressed forward, refusing to stop for any reason. The only sound around him was patter of rain smashing against the ground and trees, and it seemed like it went on for a while.

Until he eventually comes across a sign post leading in three separate directions, one sign to the left read "Pond", the middle said "House" and the right said exit which he had just came from. Deciding he didn't want to encounter anyone who'd hurt or expel him from the premises, he heads left to the pond, hoping to find sanctuary for the few hours he had before nightfall.