Part 9.

"GET HER!"

The wolves all charge at once, and with a swift flick of her cane, she controlled the murky swamp water below her, carrying herself high into the air on a pillar of water. The greenish waters pool at her feet and rushes towards the ground at high speed like a jet stream.

"You're going to have to try harder than that, the boy needs time~"

Alyssa was slowly circling to the back of Mags, but was caught off guard when the vines under the water she stood in had wrapped around her legs, her whines alerting the others.

"Stay out of the water!" she tries to warn them as more vines shoot from the depths, trying their best to clasp around the now clambering pack. The more splashes they made, the more vines would come for them, but Cara was completely focused, quickly rushing over to Alyssa while dodging the swarming attacks thrown at her.

Adrian and Zayne were facing off against Mags, keeping her attention on them as they leap up to snap and bite at her, her form zooming through the air expertly.

Cara was biting down on the vines, slowly but surely releasing her from her binds.

"We need to get her on the ground!"

"I'm on it!" Adrian charged full speed at a nearby tree, the sounds of its creaking wood splintering with each shoulder barge, Zayne was busy distracting the witch, who continued to throw a barrage of spells and chants his way.

"Motiferum Osculum!" she snarled, pointing her cane downward and pressing her lips at the brunt of her cane.

"Zayne move!" 

Before she could hit the spell off, Adrian bashes the tree for the last time as it slowly begins to falling in the direction of her, its long branches knocking her from the sky and slamming her into the ground roughly. She grunts in pain, letting out a cacophony of different sounds like fear, pain, betrayal and grief all in one.

"NO! My trees!" She screamed, crawling from under the branches with a raging expression, staring daringly at the wolves all attempting to corner her again. She was raggedly breathing with her teeth bared matching her ambushers.

"Yooouuuu...after giving you a safe home...yooou betray ME like THIS!" Her voice was gravely serious and deadly, the very air around her was electrifying, her hair floating just around her head, Cara wasn't backing down, so neither was the pack.

"I wasn't going to kill you...but breaking our arrangement...is punishable at BEST!" She growled,placing her bare hand on the trunk of the now dying tree, its form began to tremble as all of its leaves fall out, and after all had been shed the tree began to split and tear, turning into a ghastly sight.

The tree had shifted its shape into the body of a praying mantis, two large arms that stretched in front with the bark jagged and spiked in-between its raptorial legs, mimicking the chomping of its mandibles while it charged at the pack, leaving them as vulnerable as prey.

*

Kyle in the mean time, had been playing charades in the hut, safe away from all the fighting outside he was oblivious to. The branches had tried their best to offer its condolences, but Kyle was, as usual, confused.

"You want me to shave the tea cups?" he looks at the branches with an odd glance.

The arms flapped about, voicing their frustration, clasping its hand like a prayer, pointing them down towards the cups then bringing the hand back up  then bringing them back down again, repeating it in swift sassy motions.