Part 18.

After the rest of the family went to bed, cautious about an incoming attack, Cara sat on the couch downstairs with a deadly stare at the front door as if it would detach at any moment. Adrian had tried insisting they go to bed but she was adamant about keeping watch over the house.

He had given up when she ordered him to go upstairs coldly, letting him walk upstairs with a concerned glare, it was just reaching early morning when she had slightly wavered in her seat, slowly dozing off until Shaun had came downstairs in the middle of the night, heading to the sink for a glass of water.

"This is the fourth night you've stayed down here...you should go to sleep" he muttered, the voice shaking her from her daze.

"No...Something will happen eventually and I will not be caught off guard"

She looked at him pouring himself a glass, slowly approaching her on the sofa and sitting down with a deep sigh, he was dressed like he was going out, his shoes were bulky and black, laced and firm as they thump on the small coffee table to Cara's grimace. But her focus made her put up with his blatant disregard for manners.

"If we do get attacked, are you going to take them all on yourself?"

"If I must"

Shaun shakes his head, taking a sip of water.

"Do you want to know something I haven't told anyone yet? In case this is our last night alive"

Cara pauses for a moment before turning to look at him with a curious stare, nodding in reply with her orange eyes lighting up the dim living room.

"When I snuck out...I came across a book that showed me...I dont really know what it showed me"

"What did it show you?" she grew slightly concerned.

"A vision I think...of what happened before we we're abandoned there...I saw something I didnt think was possible but, while my mother was pregnant with me...There was another baby"

"What?" Cara's eyes widen at this sudden information, clearly he hadn't mentioned this to Kyle or they would've already discussed it.

"There was Kyle and our mother but, this baby was the exact opposite to Kyle, they were the same age...and my mother was talking to somebody on the phone, someone named Alex"

Cara was now very intrigued, the brother didnt have much recollection of their mother and this was the first either of them had really seen much of her and spoke of her. She takes full attention from the door as she swivels in her seat, facing him as she grazes his hands in a calming manner. Shaun was stunned he had even came out about this.

"I...I think there's another sibling...Kyle has a missing twin"

She gasped lightly.

"Are you sure? why wasn't they with you when she left you on that doorstep?"

"I don't think they were there, he or she could've been somewhere else...but why?"

"Wasn't it your grandfather that said he killed her after she handed you over?"

"He lied, she left us and ran...she didnt stick around long enough for them to open the door"

Cara was confused, after all she heard about the man that abused them, she didnt think it was a coincidence he might've lied to provoke the two, but what reason in those fleeting moments would he lie, when he was so severely outnumbered she thought.

"Your mother was a witch...surely she must've meant for you to see that? have you read the book since?"

"No...I can't..."