Part 15.

Shaun, after leaving the home and wandering past Fordwich, he had set on his way to home...the home he had lived in for 17 years, it was weighing heavily on his mind about how he hadn't been there in awhile, how his grandfather after tracking them down hadn't been in it either.

The place had probably grown dusty, and the animals could've died or escaped but he didnt care, he spent enough time cleaning up after them he had no love. He walked down the long road heading towards town, the cold was nippy and it bit at his lips and cheeks as he persistently pushed through it, the sun had finally gotten to the edge of the horizon and it was just turning red.

As he continued, he breathed heavily into his hands, rubbing them and clasping them tightly together, he was nervous, and frankly, scared he was even doing this, but his family needed him, and more so his brother than anyone else.

And then he sees' it in the distance, the small two floored hut, it didnt look much different from the outside, but as he got closer he could smell the rotting of flesh and bone, covering his nose and approaching to the buzzing of flies that flew in swarms around the pens. He was expecting to find the animals, but instead, it was much worse.

A slew of slashed and half eaten bodies were strung inside it, old women, police officers and...

"Oh god"

He turns his head away from the massacre and spews up immediately, the puke rubbed into the mud by his shoes, quickly coughing and moving away, heading inside, but the smell was only worse here. He holds his shirt as a mask and wanders inside with no idea what could possibly be in here.

Then he sees' her.

Grandma Pat, her face was horribly decayed and her body was tied up into her rocking chair, a moldy cup of tea on the table in front of her, as if he'd been having conversations with her, even in her death.

"Just...just dont l-look..."

He hurried upstairs where he thought anything there they didnt grab could still be used, stuffing the pink backpack with essentials from both rooms, like underwear, socks, the plushie black cat Shaun had as a baby...he guessed it was his mother that gave him it, though he thought she abandoned him, he still held an unimaginable standard about who or what she was like, and how bad it must've been to give up her only sons.

After he had finished, a small memory crosses his mind, the main mission banging in his head while he remembers where his grandpa got the gun from the night they escaped, zipping up the bag that was only half full and dragging it along his back again.

Squuuueak.

His snaps in the direction of the stairs, where he had heard a noise downstairs, slowly going to investigate with a cautious grip on his elbow, slowly tapping on the tip of it with a gritty expression.

He had reached the ground floor and saw his grandma's corpse rocking in the chair stiffly, she wasn't alive, but the dead stare in her eyes made Shaun feel like she was still judging him, it wasn't till the incident that he knew the real reason why.

All that resentment over a dead bloodline.

"You are pathetic!" he said under her glare.

The body just stared back, unyielding in its stiff expression of blankness.

"Rest in pieces you dead bitch" he mutters, heading towards the cellar and opening it with a long and eerie creak.