Part 7.

After a few days of rest and well made food and pastries made by Cara, Kyle was able to get the bandages off his head finally able to look at his ear in a mirror. As he stood in the bathroom, the cuts on his cheeks have half healed and he looked well rested, His skin practically glowing at the new life he was living with Zaynes family.

He met Zaynes Dad the other night, he was introduced when the man ducked into his bedroom. He was really tall and he barely fit through the door, His eyes were a stark white and one of his eyes were missing. His face was covered in a long thick beard that was braided at the ends. 

He remembers how he entered the room with a large sniff.

"So, it was your scent I caught when I returned home a few days ago...very easy to track if Zayne was able to find you so quickly" he says with a rumbling voice, the very same feeling rushes through Kyle the second he recalls him or his grandfather, even though the man was practically dead to him now.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to cause you're family so much hassle I-"

The bulking man was a blur when he crossed the room and wraps his large arms around him, careful not to crush him. The action was unexpected and when he separated from him he kneels down at the bed and looked him in the eye.

"You have gone through a lot...I would expect nothing less from a fellow survivor"

Kyle smiled and realized where Zayne had gotten his irresistible charm from, Accepting one last warm hug before stating he was going to cook him some of the best venison he'd ever had.

"I've never had venison"

"Even better~"

He left him him that night before Zayne had come back to check on him.

Back to present day, he still stood in front of the mirror with a scared expression, not one of true fear, but dread he'd never get to live a life without a constant reminder of who raised him...who hurt him. Taking a gentle finger to the wrappings and slowly removing it. And after it spiraled down his face he moved his hair to show his now jagged ear, the edge of it was gone, it looked like someone had took a large vicious bite out of it. It was a sight that brought small, silent tears to his eyes, choking up as he purses his lips trying to remain calm.

"Kyle? you ok? you've been in there awhile..." Shaun calls from the outside of the door, Kyle takes a deep breath in preparation. Tracing the stitches along what remained of his ear.

With a quick wipe under his eyes he turns around and opens the door to reveal Shaun standing there with a towel in hand, and two toothbrushes in his hand.

"What are they for?"

"Adrian ( Zaynes Dad) nipped into town and picked us up some toothbrushes...said he'd get us anything we need" Shaun said, looking a little happier than usual.

Then his eyes peer over to Kyle's ear, he tried to hide it, but his eyes widened sightly and his lips separated with a silent gasp, he wasn't expecting so much of his brothers ear would be gone.

"Its ok to look...I've gotten it out of my system already" he lied, lightly moving past his brother and walking downstairs, leaving the bathroom to his now concerned brother. As he reached the bottom floor he see's Cara washing up the dishes from last nights venison they all ate together, the family was so welcoming to them, they settle almost immediately.

They knew where everything was, the plates and dishes, the cutlery, the meats and the veg strategically placed by Cara seeing as she owned the kitchen.

"Can I help you Cara..."

"Sure thing darling, just let me finish washing this plate and you can start drying them if you'd like" she said looking over her shoulder, Adrian was sat peacefully at the table slowly trying to sneak his feet up on the opposing chair, before Cara looks behind and he immediately shoved them back to the ground, his face hidden by the giant newspaper in his hands.