Part 5.

"OH MY GOD, RUN!" Kyle shouted in a whisper, as the two of them sprint over the over side of the hill, hiding behind as the torch in his grandfathers hand shone above the hill, the beams of light visible to both boys.

"What are we going to do?"

Zayne was thinking harshly about what to do, nods when it finally comes to him.

"I need to get you out of here, Go get your brother and I'll distract your Old bags"

"How?" Kyle asked concerned as Zayne begins to re-strip his clothes, starting with the shirt then the pants, quickly getting back to his naked form.

"No dont tell me-"

"Yup, Ill meet you up the road, don't stop and keep walking I promise I'll catch up to you"

"And if you dont?!"

"Then tell my mum what happened, she'll know what to do"

Before Kyle could get another word in, Zayne had already begun his transformation, the process looked painful when his bones rubbed together and reposition, his legs,arms and spine begin to elongate and his snout protrudes with speckles of black fur spreading all over his body and face. His grunts of pain soon changed into a wild growl that shook Kyle through the earth.

He was bigger than any wolf he had ever seen and he'd never seen one up close, he looks similar to the bear pictures in size and his eyes were just as amber as before. When he had fully turned he was a gorgeous black dire wolf standing before Kyle majestically in the night, the only thing visible was his bright eyes in the pitch black.

He didn't speak, but bowing his head and running off, Kyle guessed now was a better time than never.

He knew his grandfather had an illegal gun in the cellar and if he saw Zayne, there was a high potential for him to get shot, which Kyle dreaded more than anything.

After his grandfather left to investigate the noises Zayne was making, Kyle bolted into the house where his brother was stood at the top of the stairs, Grandma was out back with another torch looking for him. Kyle sprinted up the stairs and grabbed a hold of his brothers shoulders gently.

"Shaun pack your things we're leaving now!"

"What?!"

"Come on we're on limited time here bud, I need you to trust me"

"N-no, they'll find us...they always do!"

"This time will be different...please!"

With precious minutes wasting away, the timer speeds up as a gun shot could be heard from outside, making Kyle's heart pound loudly in his ears.

Shaun was shaken by the gunshot as well and rushed into his room, following his brothers orders and packing a small bag of clothes and essentials. Kyle did the same, bringing the books he loved along with him and meeting Shaun on the landing where the two rushed down the stairs.

But was blocked by the front door by Grandma, who scowled at the both of them as they attempt to leave.

"You dare try to leave us?...after all we've done for you!" she bellowed as another gunshot fired outside, Shaun was hiding behind Kyle as he pressed forward. A determined stare in his eyes.

"Move Now! we want to leave and you're going to let us!"

"Where will you even go?! you have no one! you NEED us!"

Another gunshot, that was enough to light a fire inside Kyle, determined to escape this hut no matter what he has to do to accomplish that. As she stood there like a brick wall, Kyle grabs the vase of the kitchen table.