Part 4.

A few days had past and so far, Kyle's grandparents hadn't suspected anything since his grandpa had no proof he was in town. However his brother, Shaun, knew where he was going and snuck into his bedroom on the night he got back saying:

"I wont tell them if you do double the workload for a week" 

He had no choice to comply unless he wanted to sleep with the pigs that night.

And so, he worked his ass off that day, shoveling the muck, feeding the chickens and even pulling the plough which he only managed a meter before giving up. And after the sun had begin to set' he went up to the tallest point on a slant and sat down; gazing at Fordwich as the lights from town lit up.

It wasn't that bright but it was bright enough to make Kyle think of Zayne and his family. He couldn't bring himself to throw away the clothes but he wasn't brave enough to put them on again. He sometimes worried they'd lose that smell, that oddly intoxicating smell.

But he was always confused by it, His grandpa smelled similar in terms of cigars, take away the smell wilting life and it was pretty much the same. 

"KYLE, FOOD!" His Grandmother shouted from the kitchen window and shuts it rather angrily.

"Bitch" He whispers to himself, standing up and walking back over to the hut, sitting down at the table with Shaun, They didn't eat with them and always vacated to the living room so they could watch the tv, which gave them plenty of time to not eat the slop and talk.

"Why are you doing this by the way?" Kyle asked his brother.

"Doing what?"

"Treating me like im an enemy? i know im hard on you but...you've changed so much, its like you enjoy getting beat"

"I DO NOT-" he slams his hands against the table, but flinches at the cough in the next room, Calming himself and lowering his voice.

"I do not enjoy it, but playing along actually wins you favors..."

There was a pause as Kyle nudges the sludge with his fork before looking back up again, he didn't see it at first, but Shaun has always been that little boy he remembered, he just adapted like he did. 

"I'm sorry for what I said...I should be able to trust you, I sure as hell cant trust them" Kyle admitted.

Shaun looked up at Kyle with a glistening eye, he wasn't a bad person, but he struggled with talking even when he was a kid, not like they were reliable for schools so they "home schooled" them. It pretty much consisted in "I'm right you're wrong" philosophies and YouTube math videos, it was lucky they both liked reading to begin with.

After dumping the slop from the kitchen window they both run up to their rooms in the hopes they wont be disturbed, and as the clock in his room was reaching 8:00 pm he couldn't sleep at all.

He was thinking if he'd ever get to go to Fordwich again, whether his grandpa would be stupid enough to not check his trucks carriage again after the last incident.

Then for whatever reason, Kyle feels like hes being watched or at the very least someone was looking for him. Unsure what the feeling meant he looked outside his window, despite the wind blowing outside he could hear the animals freaking out in the pens. He thought about what his grandfather said about the chickens being killed.

Curiosity sparking he whips on a raggedy coat and slippers seeing as he didn't have shoes anymore and sneaks from his room, Sliding down the stairs and out the front door like a thief in the night. Unseen and unheard he inspects the outside with a torch he'd grabbed on the way out.