Part 11.

Kyle was staring at the door, his fresh meal had rejuvenated him and he was ready to leave the room to go looking for the book, but he needed a distraction.

He was rolling over plans in his head, he wasn't willing to destroy anything seeing as he loved the house and the family, after he had thought about it, he gets to work, starting to pile up the books he had packed and seeing a discarded yogurt cup in the trashcan, he rips a few slices of spare paper from his drawing notebook.

Placing the yogurt cup on top of the pile of brick-like books, opening a bedside draw, spotting a roll of tape. Kyle grabs it and tapes the yogurt cup to the top of the book.

"Step 1, check"

He then takes some spare bed sheets from Zaynes cupboard and begins making a makeshift rope out of it, opening the window and checking the grass below for any of them standing guard outside.

"Clear for now, need to do this now maybe? I'm only gonna have about 5 minutes to find tracks and follow them away before they realize whats going on" he whispers to himself, trying to be quiet.

"And what is going on?" Another whisper cuts out from below, it was Zayne, who was hiding in the shadows expertly. A small smirk on his lips as he stares up at him.

Kyle seemed to slump, like his plan had already fallen through before it began.

"You know, if you want to track that book, with my help it'll take much less time to track whoever took it" Zayne whispers lightly.

"You'd help me escape?" Kyle asked as Zayne lifts his hand, an oblivious look on his face.

"You mean you haven't gathered I would die for you yet?"

"That's extreme, nobody is dying~" Kyle smiles, the words Zayne was saying may have been serious but there was a tinge of hilarity to it. Of course Kyle would also die for Zayne, but felt saying it back would've excused his grim reasoning.

"That would certainly be the better option huh babe?"

"Oh...you're calling me babe?"

Kyle had never had a pet name, he may have dropped the B-word a tad bit early at Magse's hut, but he was under the impression they hadn't talked about being in a relationship yet with everything going on.

"Y-yeah...is that...wrong?" Zayne asked with a blush on his face, scared he had said the wrong thing.

"No, its fine, I like it actually~"

"Really?~" He perks up, leaning against the wall with a smug smirk.

"Then what you still doing up there, we got a book to track baby!" He said, his voice fluid and free.

Kyle laughs lightly as the blush in his cheeks only grows wider, the love for this boy was deep, and Kyle didn't mind being so infatuated that he would do anything he said, having that affection for someone feels rare to him, precious even.

"Ok, I've got a plan, go get a scent and I'll meet you at the brush in 3 minutes"

"Got it, what should I do if you dont meet me?"

"Then come back, you're not risking your life in there alone...you go with me or not at all" Kyle said, sternly and confident in his feelings. Zayne was entranced by this dominant yet caring tone in Kyle's voice, rushing off to do as he says at once.

And with That Kyle carries on with his plan, slowly draping the rope he made from the window, he then pushed his and Zayne's bed to the door so it was blocked, it didn't take much effort as his bed was rather light. The yogurt cup, book tower thing was still standing proudly, but Kyle was worried when his plan started that something could go up in flames.