Part 12.

After receiving the berating of their lives, Kyle and Zayne were being escorted in the direction of home, Cara was leading the single file line with Adrian keeping them closed in, neither could make a run though neither of them wanted to, they felt guilty, but Kyle was mostly upset.

He went through all the effort to escape for it to not even work, and he didn't feel very accomplish or proud about his failure.

Meanwhile Zayne was in a storm loud inside his head, going over the shame he felt for disobeying his mother, and the other for failing to do the opposite, like a tug of war between the two different kinds of guilt swirling around in his mind.

And neither dared speak, they didn't think stirring the pot would've been worth it. And Cara's mind was also racing in the silence, questioning whether she had made the right decision about making them come back, questioning her decision to not help them instead...but she couldn't go back on her word now, whats said is said.

They were approaching the edge of the forest, coming up on the treeline surrounding the house as they step from it, but Zayne notices a sound...a sound he's never heard before coming from inside the house, it was a radio.

"Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

Kyle holds his breath and focuses on all the sounds around him, the breeze was gone and the birds were no longer tweeting like this morning, the only sound that stood out was the radio Zayne was hearing, making Kyle's mouth dry as his heart thumps loudly in his ears.

"We need to get to the house, NOW!"

"Why? whats going on?!"

Kyle didn't bother to explain, sprinting towards the house with Zayne, Cara and Adrian follow on his tail, concerned and worried.

The closer they got the music grew louder, it was an old fashioned song, a similar song Kyle always heard at his last home...bursting in through the front door to see his worst fears had come true.

"Hello Kyle...didn't expect to see me here did ya?"

Grandpa Nick was sat at the kitchen table, and just by his leg was Alyssa, strapped to the kitchen draws as he held a silvery looking knife in her face, waving it about tauntingly near her eyes.

Zayne and the rest of the family shows behind Kyle, Cara and Adrian pushing forward with floor rumbling growls, but flinch back when he throws something glittery in the air at them. it stood in the air for a second before flashing a bright light that nobody but him expected, blinding them all as he cuts Alyssa from the draws and holds her as a body shield.

Holding the knife ever so close to her neck.

"Unless you want little miss mutt here to take a shocking turn for the worst I suggest you back down" He says, he had changed into a different outfit and Kyle could see he had a crossbow strapped to his back as well, alarm bells ringing in Kyle's head.

"Dont hurt her...what do you want Nick?"

He laughs aloud, Alyssa looked weak and drained in his arms.

"Hurt her? no no no no, I have plans for her, just like I have plans for you too Kyle~"

"You monster, that knife is made of silver isn't it?!" Zayne bellows, angry as his big sister was being held at knife-point.

"Right you are, one cut with this beauty and you wont be healing anything...so I would keep my distance"

He reached behind his back, the tension in the room was so thick none of them could barely breath, until he pulls a book from his bag just below the crossbow.