Part 14.

"Surprise!" 

Kyle had spread his wings and opened his beak attempting a smile, but the pack was silent, even Zayne was quiet.

"Kyle...why are you a bird?"

"Wait what?" Kyle says as if confused by the response

"A raven is nice but it cant pick up anything larger than it" Cara says, as if almost saddened by it.

"I...I thought you could use an eye from above, spot prey for you and give signals for you"

The pack was quiet again, but then surprisingly, Alyssa walks to his side, towering above the small raven with large yellow eyes that pierced them all.

"I say let him hunt with us" She said, shocking everyone in the circle.

"What?" Adrian said "I'm sorry but does he even know what we are tracking?"  He finishes.

"A blue stag..." Kyle blurts out, shaking out his feathers of the anxiety of bringing this poor family any more grief or pain.

"I agree-"

"Sorry Zayne but you're biased as his bond" Cara elaborated, knowing they were wasting time with this as she lowers her head to look the crow in the eyes.

Her eyes were intimidating, but Kyle had already moved past that, he was looking at the only motherly figure in his life that truly mattered to him, knowing that even if she denied his help, she was doing it out of love, and not hate.

"But the rules are clear...if you can't keep up, you can't hunt with us"

Kyle's heart dropped slightly, expecting her to turn her back on him, but she lifts her head and howls loudly into the morning sky, the others join in as Kyle was deafened by the noise being so close.

"We welcome you to the hunt Omega, prove your worth and may you succeed the trial" Cara says proudly, the rest all wear happy tongues out of their panting faces as they rejoice.

"Welcome to the hunting pack Kyle!" Adrian congratulates him, following his wife on the trail they were on as Alyssa passes by Kyle.

"Just follow orders and you'll be fine" She said sweetly, catching up to her parents as Zayne and Kyle were now alone.

"Im so sorry, I didn't want to intrude but I felt if you had my hel-"

Zayne was however wagging his bushy tail, looking at Kyle with a smile to his eyes.

"This is gonna be the best hunt so far, I can show you the ropes seeing as I'm a Beta"

"What does Omega mean?"

"It means you're the runt~"

"Oh..."

"Dont worry, we've all been the Omega before, seeing as the pack was only four of us for a long time, both me and Alyssa get the joint role of Beta, which is like second command to the Alpha male and female"

"So you're higher rank?" Kyle asked Zayne innocently

"You bet your feathery ass I am, Ten hut birdbrain lets get a moving~" Zayne teased playfully as he runs ahead, making Kyle rush to start flying along side him, The alphas were in front with Alyssa behind the two. And Zayne stayed back as he supervised Kyle in the air, who lightly breezed past them as he looks around for anything moving overhead.

"Kyle, use those eyes of yours and try scanning for anything nearby" Cara orders him.

"On it"